Verizon XLTE

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
These speeds are all relative. Before LTE officially launched through a while after I could get 40-45Mbps down 10-15Mbps up average with higher peak. Don't get me wrong, these XLTE upgrades are nice and needed to keep up with growth, just not ground breaking in the speed area.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140520_0001.png

I guess living at the edge of town isn't paying off for me. No increase in speed or coverage in my area of Sacramento...:cry:

Not to say that the speed is "horrible" though.

Last edited:

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I am getting 38.38 down and 12.60 up using the ookla speed test app.

Edit: Tested again and getting 54.66 down and 14.61 up.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
LTE speeds are much better than that in Southern Louisiana... more like 50mbs down /10mbps up .

I'm in Westerly, RI (at work),Just ran another test getting 46.34Mbps down and 11.32Mbps up. This must be the new xLTE, as at home, I get 21.39 down and 4.13 up at home....

Under LTE coverage at both home and work.....pretty cool for a area where about 3 years ago, at home, I had to use a network extender just to get 3g coverage (and at the end of my road was a white spot on verizon's coverage, NO SERVICE)

Glad I have unlmited data....Used about 7gb last month, I am sure with faster speeds that trend will not slow down.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I was in town earlier and ran a speed test but it wasn't that fast. I was inside, but I don't think that hurt much. I'm in SW Louisiana.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Is Honolulu on that list? The link from Verizon's XLTE page to the list is broke. Right now I'm barely getting 3G speed 1.8MBps down, but a **** kicking 10.88MBps up.

Btw, I bet the update that VZW pumped out last week was to turn on AWS in its AWS capable phones.

P.S. We had some rain storms come through this afternoon, and I've noticed that internet gets wonky when that happens. Both mobile and cable connections.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Is Honolulu on that list? The link from Verizon's XLTE page to the list is broke. Right now I'm barely getting 3G speed 1.8MBps down, but a **** kicking 10.88MBps up.

Btw, I bet the update that VZW pumped out last week was to turn on AWS in its AWS capable phones.

P.S. We had some rain storms come through this afternoon, and I've noticed that internet gets wonky when that happens. Both mobile and cable connections.

Ok. So Honolulu is on the list, but I am definitely NOT getting XLTE speeds. I can barely get LTE speeds at times. But historically, Hawaii has always been in the bottom when it comes to internet speeds. As for XLTE, it says Honolulu, but Honolulu is a fairly spread out city. I was on the east end near Pearl Harbor this morning and barely got LTE speeds. If I were to go downtown towards Waikiki, I would probably get higher speeds.

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
How do I know when it is active for me? My town is on the list but I just did a test and it doesn't even get close to the speeds you guys are quoting...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb