Anyone tried the Icon in Canada on Rogers or Bell Mobility?

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The supported bands:

HSPA 850/1900
LTE 700/1700

Suggest that it should work just fine.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Jessy,

Apart from LTE, were you able to get MMS to work?

Was it unlocked out-of-the-box?

Anything out-of-the-ordinary required to get it to work initially?

Anything that doesn't work?

Last edited:

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't try MMS to be honest ... I'll try tomorrow and give you some feedback. the problem is that I need to try it with other phone on koodo (lumia 920) and i'm not sure wich one will not work ....

When I was on lte (for the max speed) the phone stoped to work intermediately (signal). Switching on 3g/4g work well.

internet sharing work sooo i'm sure I can do MMS ....

I played with nokia access point

yess it was unlocked out of the box

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell ... I didn't try LTE the last time I went to Quebec and my area don't have the best lte (i'm not sure if we have it haha) 4-5 bar of hspa+ is quite good for my area

shawns77

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Soo I just read the following post on another forum regarding the network detection errors.
Lumia Icon network detection erros - Nokia Support Discussions

I changed the highest connection speed to lte. Turned off wifi and ran speedtest.net. It's showing lte speeds even though the connection icon says "no signal".
I feel like I'm getting somewhere!!

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
the Icon will not get LTE at all in Canada, Verizon has obviously locked down the LTE bands so you can only receive 3G or H+ with another carriers simcard. I would suggest all those interested in this phone wait two weeks, OmegaCell are getting a special North American variant of the 930 which will support all bands, including LTE on all Networks in Canada.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The ICON will work with HSPA on Rogers, Bell, Telus but will not work with LTE as suggested above. The big three run on AWS LTE, which means it must support BOTH 1700 and 2100 bands on LTE. So you'll get 3G/4G (which is still pretty darn fast in major cities) but no LTE. That wouldn't stop me from getting one though, HSPA is plenty fast for me.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
In Calgary download speeds on the icon with Rogers are pretty damn slow, anywhere from 3 to 7 MB. If you are wanting to purchase this phone wait 2 weeks and 0get from OmegaCell.

shawns77

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
So I broke down yesterday and installed the windows 8.1 preview for developer because I got tired of waiting for Verizon to release cyan. Switched over to lte under cellular settings and low and behold, I'm getting lte on Rogers! I couldn't be happier right now! Aside from no official cyan yet of course haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss