Protection for screen. new user to Nokia

bugpack66

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello
Been on the iphone for the last 5 years and just switched to the Nokia 1520. I never used a screen guard on my iphone. I have read on a few reviews that they suggest using a screen guard on this phone. Do I really need to do this since it's gorilla glass 2? If so, what brand is the best to use? Thanks

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's a matter of preference really of you want to use one or not. My reason is I just want that extra layer of protection. Currently have on an illumishield screen protector. Waiting for the arrival of my tempered glass though

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have small scratches or hairline fractures up and down the sides of my glass, I think they have been caused by a bad Chinese case I had on it. But I use a shield now. I use a tempered glass protector, it's feels like the glass itself, and works great. But the one I have isn't beveled like the screen, so there is a gray-air outline where is doesn't bend to meet the glass. Not a big deal, but being there is just a looks value thing. I might try another brand to see how it is. Problem is they are from China and takes about 5 - 6 weeks to come to the US...

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
IllumiShield is good and they send you 3. However, they are case friendly, so they don't cover the screen fully. It's also easier to install because it's a dry install.
ArmorSuit (I have it now), it covers the entire screen and you only get 1. However, it's a wet install so you need to take your time.

They both feel great to the touch, you don't really notice them. IllumiShield is cheaper, but ArmorSuit isn't too expensive either.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello
Been on the iphone for the last 5 years and just switched to the Nokia 1520. I never used a screen guard on my iphone. I have read on a few reviews that they suggest using a screen guard on this phone. Do I really need to do this since it's gorilla glass 2? If so, what brand is the best to use? Thanks

Indeed it's a matter of personal taste... I've found with using these large phones...ones with lots of surface area to scratch... they scratch unless you are willing to go with a flip cover or do a screen protector. Now I'm one who puts these large phones in my pocket... I don't tend to care for flip covers or using a hostler on my belt... it's preference thing. So in my case, a screen covering is a must... I have scratched phones for years... but when I have a good quality screen protector... the protector gets scratched not the glass (so much). No matter what you read about gorilla glass.... it most absolutely does scratch.

Now with that said... there are good and bad protectors... I tend to find that the crystal clear HD protectors work best for me... It's best to do some reading to find what different folks experiences are with these... One tip if you decide to go with a protector... look for ones that have 1 or more in the box. You do need to replace these things from time to time. Also, keep in mind, with a film protector there is a trade off with clarity and touch response.

~ScottGeek.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720