*URGENT* frequently hanging after 8.1 update

amit_nb

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My L925 is frequently hanging after 8.1 dev preview upgrade. Every time I'm soft resetting it. Will hard reset resolve this issue completely? I see similar issue with L725.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My L925 is frequently hanging after 8.1 dev preview upgrade. Every time I'm soft resetting it. Will hard reset resolve this issue completely? I see similar issue with L725.

The recommended procedure is:

1. do a hard reset.
  2. download the developer preview app.
  3. update.
  4. do another hard reset.

That consistently leads to the best results. Anything else might work, but also might not.

See this for further details.

amit_nb

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, buddy but you're late. Phone is completely dead now. Totally blank screen . Is this because of 8.1 upgrade or hardware issue? I'm confused. I dont know what to do now? Will have to take it to Nokia service center, I think. Any suggestions now?
The recommended procedure is:

1. do a hard reset.
  2. download the developer preview app.
  3. update.
  4. do another hard reset.

That consistently leads to the best results. Anything else might work, but also might not.

See this for further details.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still in warranty, Will this impact phone warranty?

Theoretically yes, just like updating to WP8.1 will also theoretically impact your warranty. If you have an MS store in your area, they are very likely to help you out though, no matter if you go visit them now or after trying this yourself. At the MS store they would do the exact same thing either way.

If I were you, I would attempt to revert back to WP8.0 using one of those tools, then go through the steps as I mentioned for WP8.1. Whatever you do however, you do at your own risk.

amit_nb

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Theoretically yes, just like updating to WP8.1 will also theoretically impact your warranty. If you have an MS store in your area, they are very likely to help you out though, no matter if you go visit them now or after trying this yourself. At the MS store they would do the exact same thing either way.

If I were you, I would attempt to revert back to WP8.0 using one of those tools, then go through the steps as I mentioned for WP8.1. Whatever you do however, you do at your own risk.
Phone is not starting up and is a dummy powered-off piece like a stone. I'm not sure how software updater app will detect it then. One last thing I can do is, I'll take to my retailer and get checked. If no solution, will ask for replacement. Hope this is not a hardware issue. I trust Nokia for stable hardware and Microsoft for stable software...

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you search around the forums like I suggested. At least one of those tools, if not both, can also recover devices in that state. If you are close to a MS store, then that is of course also an option. Good luck!

Mortalmoss

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "hanging", but I have been experiencing an issue with my Lumia Icon that may be similar to your issue. The phone lags trying to load the Start screen when I wake it and becomes very hot to the touch as if it is under full load. Turning it off and back on fixes it for a day or two, but it seems to happen at random and I have had no luck finding the cause nor finding a way to reproduce it.

amit_nb

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "hanging", but I have been experiencing an issue with my Lumia Icon that may be similar to your issue. The phone lags trying to load the Start screen when I wake it and becomes very hot to the touch as if it is under full load. Turning it off and back on fixes it for a day or two, but it seems to happen at random and I have had no luck finding the cause nor finding a way to reproduce it.
Hanging refers to unresponsive start screen. but now situation is different, phone is totally DEAD. (like phone without battery). I charged it for 2 hrs, still nothing on screen, I tried both soft and hard reset using power, camera and volume keys but no luck..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786