Lumia Icon doesn't come with 8.1?

KennyJohnson

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Lumia Icon today from Verizon and from reading the forums, I thought it would already have 8.1. How are so many people getting it? are you all on the developer preview build? Is there a release date yet? I'm kind of confused.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
8.1 hasn't been officially released yet, bit when it does you can update

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

KennyJohnson

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
And I read that if I update to 8.1 on the preview I'll void my warranty. Are people worried about Verizon slowing down the update to their customers? I picked up a Windows Phone because of the 8.1 update and I want to make sure my device will support it.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
1. There's a good chance Verizon won't know or care that you installed 8.1 if it bricks.

2. People roll the dice and assume they won't need the warranty.

3. Some might not realize... Lol

It is somewhat of a gamble. I think most of us in the US assume our carrier will deliver the good late. Who really knows though, ATT gave us GDR3 with Black firmware immediately.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
And I read that if I update to 8.1 on the preview I'll void my warranty. Are people worried about Verizon slowing down the update to their customers? I picked up a Windows Phone because of the 8.1 update and I want to make sure my device will support it.

You can revert back to 8 using the Nokia recovery tool or software updater if you want to/need to and Verizon will be none the wiser.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

The Icon will definitely get the 8.1 official update. I would imagine Verizon will roll it out in a timely manner.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Read this first. It will answer your questions about warranty stuff.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...1-warranty-does-pdp-void-lets-get-bottom.html

And all current Windows Phones and some older ones like the 920 will support 8.1. All Verizon models support 8.1. Also, the Verizon's Nokia phones are also AWS (XLTE) capable, that includes the Icon, 928, and 822. I don't know if the Samsung ATIV is AWS capable.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes Verizon will roll out the update. If they get new lumias with 8.1 stock yours will probably take weeks or a month to get it. Definetly would get the wp8.1 developer preview. Its great and like already said you can roll it back if you want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99