Would you buy it again??

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
With Notifications (i.e. Android), with Cortana (i.e. Google Now), with transparent home screen (i.e. Apple new OS) ... and mainly with "laggieness" that I'm reading lots of people are experiencing with latest update.

Totally agree with you. Android and Apple are much more similar, than WP's are ... at this point!

But the thread read ... would you buy it again?

And for my reasons I'd probably look at iPhone 6 or a Samsung with removable battery and SD card. IF .... WP's continue to try to match everything the other phone makers are doing ... and lose anymore of the uniqueness they originally established.

Best yet to come. See ya later. No complaints here. NL 925 as my personal phone. IPhone 5s at work. My NL 925 pound per pound on a daily basis out last my iPhone 5s. For real. So what dev's haven't crossed over to WP but they soon will. There is no way to deny the power of WP and MSFT.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to switch from Verizon to AT&T. I keep coming back to the 925, as I am sick of Android, and would like a good phone on the cheap. Reading through the bugs section, and some other sites, some of my concerns about the phone are.
1. Overheating
2. Low Signal Strength
3. Phone locking up
I realize a lot of people only post in forums when they have problems, but I'm wondering if most of you have issues, or is it just a few? Would you guys buy the phone again, or are you hoping to get rid of the phone as soon as possible? Thanks in advance for any help...

Why not get the 1520?

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Just curious "k0de" ... why the iPhone 5s at work then, and not your 925 ... 24/7?

Don't get me wrong, LOVE my 925, or wouldn't have bought it. 😉

I just don't want to see MS go the way of Android. And not sure how many more "customizations" take place ... before that actually happens.

Last edited:

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Aside from my other comments, RapidTurtle .... I think you'd love the 925. Great looking phone! I personally think it's beautiful, and frequently get comments on it! Really well built (though I'd still use some kind of protective cover - phone is slippery in hand - especially in cold weather). Takes great pics! And certainly has enough power to handle tasks. And I understand MS plans on continuing to update Lumia models for 36 months, beginning in June of 2014. So you'll be getting future updates for the next 3 years! Which would mean your phone will keep current. Not to shabby!!

Apps keep getting better and better on WP's as far as quantity and quality also.

I have the T-mob version. So I don't know what you'd pay on AT&T. But when I bought mine in August of 2013 cost me $500 ... and I believe they are now selling at T-mob for around $200 dollars.

You'd be getting one nice phone in the $200 range!

As far as the issues you mentioned? Since the DP 8.1.1 update ... I don't have any of those problems. And usually get a good solid day + out of my 925, with moderate use.

Real nice phone! Good luck and hope this helps.

Last edited:

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Just curious "k0de" ... why the iPhone 5s at work then, and not your 925 ... 24/7?

Don't get me wrong, LOVE my 925, or wouldn't have bought it. 😉

I just don't want to see MS go the way of Android. And not sure how many more "customizations" take place ... before that actually happens.

The company I work for provide the Apple products. Slowly but surely I am convincing my boss to Lumias and MSFT products.. No doubt MSFT products have come along way. It is a different MSFT on the Market.

IPhone, iPad Mini, Mac at work.
NL 925, Surface 2, Windows 8.1 at home. By far MSFT is greater and soon will regain the crown.

Just my opinion for now but I believe soon millions will feel the same. 😊

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to switch from Verizon to AT&T. I keep coming back to the 925, as I am sick of Android, and would like a good phone on the cheap. Reading through the bugs section, and some other sites, some of my concerns about the phone are.
1. Overheating
It does get very hot. Depends what you're doing though, games make it sweat, so do few other apps.
2. Low Signal Strength
I can't really say, that depends more on the carrier signal. I only lose my signal in certain spots like elevators and basements, and not all of them either.
3. Phone locking up
I don't understand what you mean by that
I realize a lot of people only post in forums when they have problems, but I'm wondering if most of you have issues, or is it just a few? Would you guys buy the phone again, or are you hoping to get rid of the phone as soon as possible? Thanks in advance for any help...

I really like the 925, now I wouldn't buy it again, because theres new stuff incoming (930), OR I'd get it, because the price would probably drop. If I would time-travel back to October when I got it, I'd probably get it again, or I'd wait another month because that's when my carrier offered 1020 with extra discount. However, I played with 1020 last week a little and I liked the camera colors of my 925 more, 1020 seemed to make yellowish pics (indoors, poor lightning, I didn't try outdoors). So yes, there's a 99% chance I'd get the 925 again. The only thing missing for me is more memory (16GB of which 12,4GB is user accessible is not enough, but it really depends what kind of apps you use on it - 1GB games will quickly fill up the storage).
If it had wireless charging built in, then I'd also get the charger, however I don't feel like having the extra (expensive) shell on all the time and pay extra for a charger too (around 50? for wireless charging doesn't seem worth it for me).

One specific thing I really like about 925 is charging port on top. It's awesome, I don't ever want a phone with charging port on the bottom again. I like to keep my devices in little carton stands I make myself, and having charging port on top (or sides would work as well) means I just plop the cable in, and it's charging, and it's still in the stand. And because I have wires coming from the top of my desk, I can play with the phone while charging it and cables don't get in the way. And the headphone jack is right next to it, which makes cable management nice and easy, because both cables are in the same spot, could be useful in the car, where every extra wire can quickly get in the way.

IlkkaV

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't buy the 925 again as newer stuff has come out, but I do like the one I have. I have the wireless charging cover and the next one I buy should have built-in Qi charging. My main gripe with the 925 is the small and non-expandable storage.

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 720 and like it, if u care about this list much don't buy if u don't buy(Note: I prefer 1GB RAM WPs)
1. not good VPN
2. some app gaps and some undeveloped apps
the other things are great
peace and good luck

jorden vanmeensel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Altough the 925 is the best windows phone i ever had, i would not buy it again. If i compare my old lumia 900 with the 925, i feel like i have been ripped of. The quality feel is good, but not that great for Nokia if you ask me. Also the USB-connector and the AUX port are feeling a little... flimsy and loose. If i could go back in time i would have spent a little bit more for a Lumia 1020!

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I love my 925 and I'm happy with it, but honestly in hindsight I should have gotten a 920.

At the time I think I was stubbornly reluctant to buy a phone that had been out for so long and the 925 was all fresh and new. Now that I think about it, it hardly does anything that a 920 can't do. I wouldn't have been bothered by the weight, I love the polycarbonate unibody of my 800 more than my 925's design, I'm always running out of memory, I've spent quite a bit on wireless charging covers and to top it off, the 920's price had already gone down by then.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Well I have it but I would not buy it again but if.....

- upgraded to 1080p display
- added micro SD card slot with 128GB support
- 2GB RAM upgrade
- Bigger battery
- wood case to replace the plastic casing
- wireless charging built-in
- better Front-facing camera
- 20 Megapixel camera (OIS) with Xenon flash

Then why the heck not!

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

- 2GB RAM upgrade
- Bigger battery

Then why the heck not!

That sounds almost like a Lumia 930!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

- 2GB RAM upgrade
- Bigger battery

Then why the heck not!

A WOOD case?? :shocked:

drbol

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I ordered my 925 and after some shipping issues and setting it up I LOVE it! My better half dumped android and we picked her up a 521 and she could not be happier. I have since convinced my mom to WP and she now has a 521 in her hands and after a learning curve she loves it too. So, YES! I will buy another WP. The 925 is incredible and well suited for a business and personal fun environment. Enjoy!

William Gentry1

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Aside from my other comments, RapidTurtle .... I think you'd love the 925. Great looking phone! I personally think it's beautiful, and frequently get comments on it! Really well built (though I'd still use some kind of protective cover - phone is slippery in hand - especially in cold weather). Takes great pics! And certainly has enough power to handle tasks. And I understand MS plans on continuing to update Lumia models for 36 months, beginning in June of 2014. So you'll be getting future updates for the next 3 years! Which would mean your phone will keep current. Not to shabby!!

Apps keep getting better and better on WP's as far as quantity and quality also.

I have the T-mob version. So I don't know what you'd pay on AT&T. But when I bought mine in August of 2013 cost me $500 ... and I believe they are now selling at T-mob for around $200 dollars.

You'd be getting one nice phone in the $200 range!

As far as the issues you mentioned? Since the DP 8.1.1 update ... I don't have any of those problems. And usually get a good solid day + out of my 925, with moderate use.

Real nice phone! Good luck and hope this helps.
They are $408 on T-Mobile and $399 from AT&T, but you can get a new one for $269 on Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa