Dead 920?!

kumasokka

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
On Sunday, I forgot to plug my 920 in overnight. Monday came and I didn't have a chance to charge it, so it fully discharged. Monday night I plugged it in and it did its usual dance of deciding whether it was charging or not for a while. After quite a while, it came on and was working fine. Then it froze. I did a soft reset, and it came back on with a frozen home screen (no touch response, phone was just displaying the opening phone screen and it was not making any attempts to connect to any networks and the time was updating). I did another soft reset, and now the phone does nothing - does not charge, does not respond to soft/hard resets, isn't recognized when I plug it into a computer. I am freaking out. Help please!

​I am running the latest update to 8.1.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I use my old Samsung charger on my 920 at work all the time with no issues (doesn't mean no one else might have had issues). If you had enough of a charge I would do a hard reset sounds like something is corrupted bad.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tryed a hard reset? It may be your only choice at this point. If its not drawing a charge has to be either hardware issue or majorly messed up os. Might as well hard reset before going through trying to replace it. If it was touchy about charging before may be a short in the micro USB slot. If so it should be able to charge via qi as it bypasses the micro USB.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Either your micro USB port is bad or phone bricked. Probably both. Your only choice is a hard reset and charging via qi for now. Talked with a friend of mine who is very adept with fixing electronics (25 years experience) and a software writer and he feels that is a valid assumption. If you don't have a qi charger look on eBay under the part number and pick one up. At this point its either get a qi charger and do this or get a new phone. Sucks but I think its worth trying.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
This might be caused by a bad battery. Charge port might not be the culprit here as it's not charging through qi as well. If you don't mind hard resetting your phone (it will wipe all data, if you haven't backed up your photos and videos youwill lose them) - try using Nokia's NSU software to re-flash the firmware on your phone - more info on this here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium