Nokia Lumia 1520 screen marks

Cheetor ZA

May 23, 2014
Visit site
hi everyone im new to the windows phone family, just got a lumia 1520 3 days back, very impressed with the phone but got but some questions.
if I touch my screen, it makes marks as if im touching it hard which im not. is this a common thing about the phone? is it suppose to do that even when i normally on it. im just scared the screen cracks... reading all the complaints about the device's screen. and is it necessary for a screen protector? or is the screen not easily scratched

any help will be appreciated, thanks

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I own a 1520 myself and never noticed any marks on the screen when tapping it. Definitely an odd behavior, unless you're tapping the screen real hard.
I for one never use any screen protectors, as I tend to handle my devices with care and always keep them in a soft pocket whenever they're not in use.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, that's not normal. Touching the screen shouldn't cause any visible effect unless it's caused by the app itself (which should be pretty obvious). I'd say you have a defective device or whoever you bought it from has made a crude attempt to fix a screen.

The screens on these things are pretty good and resistant to scratches. I've had my 1520 from launch, it doesn't have any screen or case protection and it still looks perfect. Well, the corners of the case are a little shinier than the rest of the phone body, but that's of no concern to me.

Cheetor ZA

May 23, 2014
Visit site
thanks, and though it must be a defect. because im not touching it quite normal and the marks appear and its everywhere. i'll take it in so they can replace it then. thanks for all the advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786