1520 Network Speed Trouble

lorenzoscott78

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 with ATT as my service provider. I been having some issues with the network speed. I show three bars and LTE but when I do a speed test 1.89 mg down load and 1.5 upload speed

I rebooted and not luck I called ATT and they were not sure what to do. So we conducted a system restore and tried it again and still getting crappy network speed. We also replaced the SIM card. This is even happening with WIFI I am getting same crappy speeds.

The phone normally was getting 15-25 MG download and 5-10 download on the ATT network and on my WIFI it was getting 20-30mg download and 13-22 mg upload

Any Ideas.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The slowness with WiFi adds confusion, but here are some suggestions...
1. Reset the phone again, but don't restore the backup. Do the speed test, if it's better, assume that some setting that's in the backup is causing the problem and just forget about it. You'll need to manually reinstall apps and reconfigure things, but that's better than your current situation.
2. If the slowness is still there, look for the Nokia Care Suite (or the current customer-available resetting tool, whose name I cannot now remember). Try flashing the phone with that as it will reset more things than were done in step 1. When starting the phone, do not restore apps and settings from the backup. If the speed is still not improved, I'm stumped. If the speed is better, master reset again and this time restore from the backup. Try the speed test again. If it's still fast, congratulate yourself on perseverance and success. If it got slow, master reset again, don't use the backup, and test again. If it's still fast, reinstall your apps, reconfigure things, curse Microsoft and Nokia, and congratulate yourself on perseverance and success. ;)

lorenzoscott78

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I have tried resting it once as a hard reset and once with the nokia tool. Still speeds are slow.

On the ATT network the best I am getting is 2.89 mg down load and 1.5 upload this is with 4G LTE on my WIFI I am getting 3.99 mg down load and 1.9 upload .

The WIFI is fine I tested it with other cell phone like Android, IPhone and a I pad all get 20-30mg download and 13-22 mg upload on WIFI and 15-25 MG download and 5-10 download on the ATT network

jbyron

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. Every wifi hotspot, every router, and no matter how many bars I had super slow speeds. I finally backed up my photos and reset my phone (nice to do once in a while anyway) and bam! insta fast speeds and battery lasts about 30% longer (guessing I had a rogue process in one of my apps). Guess it was a software issue all along, phone is a joy again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05