Help buying a off contract 1520

GhostWorld80

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
After being a big fan of IOS for many years about six months ago I decided to switch to a Nokia Lumia 1020 and I've very much enjoyed my time with the device and seeing the windows platform grow has been fascinating but last week I walked into a store and saw the 1520 and fell in love!

So I need some advice, This will be the first phone I buy off contract as I still have 18 months left with 3 (UK). Is there any pitfalls I need to avoid buying the phone outright. If it breaks will I be covered by Nokia if their is a hardware fault etc.

Should I pay the extra money and buy it at a phone store at full rrp ?545 or from Amazon ?470 or can I get away with using a third party seller like the ones on the link below for ?340?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2556710

Any advice would be much appreciated

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
After being a big fan of IOS for many years about six months ago I decided to switch to a Nokia Lumia 1020 and I've very much enjoyed my time with the device and seeing the windows platform grow has been fascinating but last week I walked into a store and saw the 1520 and fell in love!

So I need some advice, This will be the first phone I buy off contract as I still have 18 months left with 3 (UK). Is there any pitfalls I need to avoid buying the phone outright. If it breaks will I be covered by Nokia if their is a hardware fault etc.

Should I pay the extra money and buy it at a phone store at full rrp ?545 or from Amazon ?470 or can I get away with using a third party seller like the ones on the link below for ?340?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2557699

Any advice would be much appreciated
I bought my 1520 off contract through eBay. I bought a used one in great condition. No insurance but I don't really care because I'd fix my phone myself if it broke.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I also bought my Red Lumia 1520 off ebay - NIB for $425 for the AT&T version. I checked the Nokia site & it's still under warranty. Obviously, this is for the US market.
That being said, if buying online, due your due diligence. Pay with PayPal, check the seller's feedback, electronic communication (to clarify any details about the device) with the seller is legal proof.
Don't know the market overseas ?

GhostWorld80

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I may well go down the eBay path then. Last thing I want to do Is get a device from Hong Kong but at the same time I don't really see the need to pay ?200 more for the same phone!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I may well go down the eBay path then. Last thing I want to do Is get a device from Hong Kong but at the same time I don't really see the need to pay ?200 more for the same phone!

I'm going to be real with you. I never buy anything on eBay from outside of the U.S. If it's out of my country shipping is going to take to long and I really don't know who I'm dealing with or what kind of person that could be. I bought my Lumia 1520 for 320 bucks American. If you be patient and search well you can get a phone for a steal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos