Will windows 8.1 address this issues?

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So I came back to WP for a 3rd time. Now I flip back and forth between android and WP just because, but with that said, will 8.1 address some of my issues.
1-When I am on fb and open a video that takes me to a web page, explorer opens a new window, but when I hit the back button to fb that web page stays open. Explorer only allows for 6 pages so if I had 6 open already the one that the fb video opens it closes or use o e of my already opened pages. So if I look at 6 videos and later go to explorer all 6 pages will be from videos from fb. On android if you do this and go back to fb the video web page closes and doesn't stay there, at least with google chrome. Not to mention my wife has had 33 open pages. You would figure that a WP would have the best internet experience, period.

2- The dialer. When I open the phone dialer it opens in the recent calls page. Why not the phone dialer or give me the option of what it opens to. Also in android you don't have to go to the contacts page to find a number. You simply hit the letter that corresponds to the name you want to dial and it goes giving you options of names and the numbers your pushing. WP, if I do t know the number I have to go to contacts and she arch, then open the contact and then hit call. I can't believe apple hasn't done thus also since it makes it a breeze to find and call a person.
3-I still can't respond to threads on some sites if I am on the desktop version,why? Never an issue with android or apple.
4-This I noticed yesterday and maybe there is away to make it better. Me and the wife, she has a S3, where taking some pics just for fun. Now the icon takes far better pics but, in the time I shot one pic she shot 3-4. The S3 has no lag. The icon, you point, hit the shutter button, it focuses, even if I already focused and then shoots the pic.

Now these are some of the things I would like to see in 8.1. I will be staying with WP since I am tired of android and the constant clearing memory cause the phone slows down or the reset. But none the least the issues or feature would make WP a better user experience.

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
1) Internet Explorer on WP 8.1 supports unlimited tabs. No worries there.
2) I don't know about a smarter dialer on Windows phone yet. I can only tell you, that on WP 8.1 they added speed dial. That may be helpful for you.

3) I haven't faced this particular problem, and so I can't help you with this.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
1.) WP81. is practically unlimited.
Also, if you are using IE11 in Windows 8.1, tabs and open sites will sync across devices.

2.) I would rather go direct to Call history, however, I could see the need for the option to go to the Keypad Dialer by default
Also, tap a letter in Contacts and select the letter group you want.

3.) There are some sites that are generally poorly designed that will have issues
However, there are some Forums that have issues with posting or using the Advanced tools to bold, strikeout etc.
I use Tapatalk for most forum posting,, but there are some small issues with it as well.
however, none of that is enough for me to get rid of my awesome Icon.

It's a phone first really, everything else is just bonus features.
You deal with the nuances and move along and hope they get fixed.

WP8.1 is coming soon, depending on carrier
Or get Preview for Developers

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Because it is difficult to compare the 2

The Icon takes better quality pictures,, and can take a 5MP and a 16MP or DNG RAW at the same time
This takes longer to process.

I'll take the quality of the Icon pics over quantity any day.
If you really need something that will take 40 pictures in rapid fire,, get a DSLR.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually for number 4, I think if you focus by holding the camera button down halfway, it will take the photo immediately once you press it all the way down. (at least that's how it works on my 920)

But anyways, I guess Tepid nailed it.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Number 4, I guess I was just doing something wrong. I can snap a pic faster now, I guess its getting use to the way it works. I will also take quality over quantity. And I am all about dslr. I take important pics with it not with my phone.
As for 8.1 and unlimited tabs, question still is will the tabs close when I watch a video from fb when I go back to fb. But still better than it using my opened tabs. I always have around 3-5 tabs open for forums I frequently go to. And when I currently watch video from fb that take you to a web page it goes closing my current tabs out. I hate having to go back and type in the forums I frequently go to because of this.
As for the dialer, I guess I will take what ever comes.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I am not a Facebook user
But, I do have an account and I did install the app to check it out.

Note that, Facebook Integration was removed, and is being re-integrated in a different way.
This way they can update it without having to rely on Full OS updates, and then going through carriers to push it out.

As for web and video's, it is using the Web Browser Component built into the WP Code for the Facebook App.
This allows apps to stay within their own eco system and use the browser in a more personal way, dedicated to the App.
It is not going external to IE on the phone.

So, that is why you will not see a Tab open in IE.
not in WP8.1 anyway. I am assuming this is the case in WP8 as well.

I will not pretend to fully understand as i am learning how to code still.

But here is the official explanation.
The WebBrowser control lets you host Web pages and other browser-enabled documents in your Windows Forms applications. You can use the WebBrowser control, for example, to provide integrated HTML-based user assistance or Web browsing capabilities in your application. Additionally, you can use the WebBrowser control to add your existing Web-based controls to your Windows Forms client applications.

Srouce

Now, keep in mind that Facebook is working closely with MS to get fully integrated,,
so some of the info at the bottom of that page most likely will not apply to the Facebook App.
I am sure MS is giving FB a lot more resources and rights to work with for full integration with WP.
It's not perfect due to the changes, but I believe it is getting there.

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you can partially push down the camera button to focus then finish pushing and it works. Also while using the stock camera app you can turn off touch to shoot...pre focus by touching the screen and then hit the camera button in the app...instant snap...

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Try this in your browser, last month I went to Albuquerque, NM. checked the Breaking Bad Tour on wikitravel Breaking Bad Tour - Wikitravel in my WP I noticed highlighted street addresses that open your navigation app and can take you to those addresses easily, that feature is not available on android or iphone, same thing with dates, hours, etc. to schedule things on your calendar, the browser on WP is fully integrated with the navigation and calendar, lets ask android and iphone developers when they will address those issues hehe :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos