Lumia 1520 irresponsive screen

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a Lumia 1520 and I am having a problem that the screen does not respond to anything anymore.
I can light the screen up with the power button, but it does not respond to touch. Sometimes, when the alarm goes of, I can touch the options of the alarm (snooze) but after that it is again not working.

I noticed it happens most of the time after charging and is gone after a soft reset but I think it is really weird.
Does anyone having the same issue or is familiair with this? I have the WP8.1 Developer preview, I don't know it this could be the cause.

Thank you ^^

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah...same here too on Lumia 1320. I guess it is the supersensitive touch or something. Gets fixed every time I wipe the screen with hand sanitizer.

And for IE, it often happens on fb.com because of scripts that hang the app.

CaymanDreamin

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Been having mine lock up a lot. Have a big problem with the screen scrolling up and down by itself, also the "more buttons" (the 3 ellipses) will activate themselves and continuously pop up and down. I have to hit the lock key to either get screen to react or to get the screen movement to stop. Happening so much the phone is almost unusable. Soft reset hasn't worked. Want to do a hard reset but the phone hasn't backed up for over a month and everytime I try a manual back up it hangs at 96% for awhile and then says the phone wasn't able to complete backup.

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this happen, scroll down is locked, you have to scroll up (resets it) to go down. Normally on IE11, screen is fine after exiting IE. Chalk it up to firmware (nokia Lumia Cyan) missing.

allenyw

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Been having mine lock up a lot. Have a big problem with the screen scrolling up and down by itself, also the "more buttons" (the 3 ellipses) will activate themselves and continuously pop up and down. I have to hit the lock key to either get screen to react our to get the screen movement to stop.

This has been happening to me too, but the search and back buttons will also go crazy. I wonder if this is a hardware issue.

Last edited:

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
i have this weird problem with the 1520, and nokia doesn't give me any solution, they said that in my country the operators are they tec support, but none of them accept my phone becouse i bought it on ebay, i really like all the lumia family, but i think that i'm going back to apple becouse of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLNtCtzwsOo

CaymanDreamin

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Update: I did a hard reset on my 1520 and blocked automatic app updates. I then updated everything but touch and glance and so far the phone is working fine. I will keep these two updates blocked and see how it goes, but so far there is no screen jumping or erroneous button pressing happening.

CaymanDreamin

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't go back to 8.1, just did a hard reset. I believe it's the Nokia updates to touch that caused the problem. I'm running OS 8.10.12382.878 and firmware 1028.3562.1407.1001. Won't update touch or glance until I know there are newer, stable updates.

pwachleman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Im pretty sure after some research that this is a Cortana issue. I hard reset my phone, and slowly reloaded apps, got to 'her' and set 'her' up...phone back to screwing up. Turned Cortana off and phone is back to working great. Give it a try and see if we can confirm it.

CaymanDreamin

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I have Cortana working on my 1520 after the hard reset and it's working fine. Cortana is pinned to start and I do use it for appointments and such. Did you try not updating touch? I didn't have the problem when 8.1 first hit, it was later after Nokia did some updates, touch in particular.

tcmoon

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
Mine just started this recently, I'm starting with uninstalling programs in reverse order, as it could be an app causing it. I updated touch a while ago, so I'm figuring that's not it.

edit: Got to thinking, it started after I set the screen brightness to high..

Edit: Did a hard reset & restored from back up, had the same problem...
Hard reset again, without restoring, no auto update from store & stopped Cortana from running in the background & tracking, though still turned on. Glance & double tap disabled, so far everything is working great.....

Last edited:

Chaw1234567

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 also keep on like hang. Even after I do the hard reset it still the same. It happen so frequently recently until like I need to soft reset almost once a day. Sometimes the apps suddenly cannot work so I restart the phone but it hang at the "Slide down to switch off"...

tcmoon

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
Update: I decided to uninstall "touch" & "glance" even tough everything was working fine with hard reset without restoring from backup & turning off touch & glance. Phone is better than the day I bought it, not one problem & have been using it very heavily.

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 1520 last December and not had any problems at all. Well, until now. The touch is giving me problems. The touch stops working so I have to do a reset. This happens several times a day now.

Why would this start happening after 5 months ?

I hope the update in June will fix this. I really don't want to reset my phone to factory.

Jim

tcmoon

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
Go to settings & change date to 2106 or higher, then in settings click on touch, a popup will say it's not working & give an option to uninstall. Do the same for glance & then go back & change the date to normal/auto. There is a video on this, just search for it, if you need too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99