Can I get Facetime on Lumia 925?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
re:

Sorry to be a bit thick, but am I right that if I don't have face time no one can face time me and see me, and I can't get face time on my Nokia anyway?

No since you have a Nokia phone. not an iPhone no one can facetime you, but you can use Skype which is the same thing as Facetime :)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
re:

Sorry to be a bit thick, but am I right that if I don't have face time no one can face time me and see me, and I can't get face time on my Nokia anyway?

No worries, this feature is really great on apple products. If you have been using the apple ecosystem, there are some alternatives to iMessage and FaceTime.

Skype, Buber etc are not the same as FaceTime but they do very similar things.

Skype is much more powerful and offers many options and is cross platform. There is also Google Hangouts which work on Android and IOS devices which allow free group video conferencing. Hangouts is the standard and paired with google voice you can get a number and text people from your browser, for free. Skype also offers this via the app but cost money to text people.

The issue with FaceTime is that you have to have an iOS or MAC device. example: MacBook Pro or air (any model) mini, iMac, iPad (any model)and or iPhone.

If all your friends and family are on iOS devices and you are tied to the service, I would highly suggest you get an iOS device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
re:

Fix* Skype is more powerful and useful on any platform except Windows phone :)...
Yes, pretty much.. And that sucks. It doesn't make any sense actually. Why Skype (a Microsoft app) is much much better on iOS and Android rather than WP?? Makes no sense to me

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
re:

I know, right! It's like MS Office when it was only on Windows - nobody took it seriously.

hmm.. did you even research when you commented?
there has always been an "Office" for Apple and Microsoft OS... so no, it wasn't only on windows as you state. for example... since what? 1985 there was a word version for Macintosh? oh, whatever... my point is the same, and even some sites say "office" for mac was released first than windows, I don't know if true but individual programs have been "always" available since macintosh in 80s
and you can't compare office which never had too much alternative over the years (competition died, Microsoft didn't), to a "simple" videocalling service which has more and better alternatives. like skype, which is in more platforms than facetime so can be used for more users and you don't have to worry if they have an apple device or not. the service and it's closed to only apple products so in a world where there are alot of mobile OS and devices (not like in desktop, where Windows dominates and then comes osx and linux with a small marketshare) Skype or other videocalling services would be more useful than wondering "should I use facetime if not all my friends have an apple product anymore?" if all your friends have apple, good for you, but if not, alternatives like Skype would make more sense, which you get in pretty much any platform, even xbox one. But of course this is just my opinion.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
re:

You can't seriously compare Office to Facetime. Office can be used by it's self. Facetime requires someone on the other end. If You have apple, you cannot talk to your friends on windows, windows phone, android, Linux, Xbox, and all kinds of other shenanigans.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk