Questions for 925 Owners Who Installed 8.1

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
As everyone knows, I have a 925 (still running WP8) although I have an 810 running 8.1. I wanted to specifically ask 925 owners who updated their phones to 8.1 via the developer preview two questions because I'm dying to update mine instead of wait for the official 8.1 release as I've been saying I would.

1. Does the update to 8.1 via the developer preview really destroy Wi-Fi calling? This is a feature I definitely don't want to lose. I don't use it often, but there have been circumstances where it was a must.

2. Can Facebook beta be used in the People Hub contacts integration? My guess is no and that I'll need the official Facebook app(??). On my 810, I didn't seem to be given the option of using beta and in fact, when I searched for it in the store, I couldn't even find it (I have Facebook beta installed on my 925).

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't use either, but I just turned Wi-Fi calling on (Wi-Fi only) on my T-Mobile 925 on 8.1DP and outgoing calls go thru fine. I assume inbound would as well.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
1. I've used Wi-Fi calling on my 925 running 8.1.1 in the past, but just at home and not anywhere else. And worked fine for me (on T-Mob). But I primarily use cellular calling. Just my preference. Do you have the ability to try it with your 810 model. As a test?

2. Sorry I can't answer that one. I don't use Facebook.

I know, not much help, huh? 😖

But sure others will have more definitive answers for you.

Good luck 🍀 .... I originally looked at the 810, but opted for the 925. I think you'll like DP8.1.1 on your 925 since its update ... If those features work out for you! 😎

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
2. Facebook beta's latest version now works.

As everyone knows, I have a 925 (still running WP8) although I have an 810 running 8.1. I wanted to specifically ask 925 owners who updated their phones to 8.1 via the developer preview two questions because I'm dying to update mine instead of wait for the official 8.1 release as I've been saying I would.

1. Does the update to 8.1 via the developer preview really destroy Wi-Fi calling? This is a feature I definitely don't want to lose. I don't use it often, but there have been circumstances where it was a must.

2. Can Facebook beta be used in the People Hub contacts integration? My guess is no and that I'll need the official Facebook app(??). On my 810, I didn't seem to be given the option of using beta and in fact, when I searched for it in the store, I couldn't even find it (I have Facebook beta installed on my 925).

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
1. I've used Wi-Fi calling on my 925 running 8.1.1 in the past, but just at home and not anywhere else. And worked fine for me (on T-Mob). But I primarily use cellular calling. Just my preference. Do you have the ability to try it with your 810 model. As a test?

2. Sorry I can't answer that one. I don't use Facebook.

I know, not much help, huh? 

But sure others will have more definitive answers for you.

Good luck  .... I originally looked at the 810, but opted for the 925. I think you'll like DP8.1.1 on your 925 since its update ... If those features work out for you! 

Unfortunately, no, I can't test out Wi-Fi calling on my 810 because the feature was never made available for that phone when it was released. Stupid move by T-Mobile, but what can you do?

I think there's some confusion about Facebook/Facebook beta. I do use it, but my point was using it to integrate my contacts in the phone. Around half the people I am in regular contact with are also on Facebook, but this is really just about texting and calling these people and having photos of my contacts showing in the People hub instead of just blank squares. My best friend doesn't use Facebook and has literally only three pictures for contacts and that's just because I added them. :evil: LOL, hope that makes sense.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Second part makes absolutely no sense to me (apology inserted here) LOL ... But then again, apparently, I lead a very sheltered life. And probably am one of a very few people that doesn't use Facebook or Twitter, or something - 😉😁😎

But there's a lot of savvy people in the WP community (yourself included) and I'm confident someone on here has the info you need. 😉

Last edited:

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I think there's some confusion about Facebook/Facebook beta. I do use it, but my point was using it to integrate my contacts in the phone. Around half the people I am in regular contact with are also on Facebook, but this is really just about texting and calling these people and having photos of my contacts showing in the People hub instead of just blank squares. My best friend doesn't use Facebook and has literally only three pictures for contacts and that's just because I added them. :evil: LOL, hope that makes sense.

Yes, its possible to integrate FB beta with people hub.

Lumia 925 running on 8.1.1.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again for all the replies! :smile: I bit the bullet and am installing 8.1 on my 925 right now. So much for waiting for the official release, lol.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
8.1.1 is smooth on my TMO 925. Once it was finished installing I did a *reset/don't restore* right away. I think you'll like it. :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, Wi-Fi calling does indeed work - yay! :grin: Everything's looking good so far on my newly updated 925. LOVE the wallpapers from Zedge on that screen!

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Tis ... A beautiful screen on these 925's. Make backgrounds pop!!

You sound like a kid at Christmas ~ Hohoho 🎄😎. Enjoy your new toy!

😉😊😁😎

Glad Wi-Fi calling is working for you too. Might be wrong but try sending someone a text with attached pic. I vaguely recall that Wi-Fi calling needed to be off when sending MMS messages an Wi-Fi calling enabled. (could be wrong bout that though).

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Tis ... A beautiful screen on these 925's. Make backgrounds pop!!

You sound like a kid at Christmas ~ Hohoho . Enjoy your new toy!



Glad Wi-Fi calling is working for you too. Might be wrong but try sending someone a text with attached pic. I vaguely recall that Wi-Fi calling needed to be off when sending MMS messages on T-Mob. (could be wrong bout that though).

Yes, it does. I also always keep Wi-Fi calling to "cellular preferred" most of the time. I'm sure sending pics will work fine as long as I keep using the settings as I have for that app. I'm loving it! Love the beautiful backgrounds for the home screen. Looks even better on my 925 than it is on my 810! :smile:

khazara

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it does. I also always keep Wi-Fi calling to "cellular preferred" most of the time. I'm sure sending pics will work fine as long as I keep using the settings as I have for that app. I'm loving it! Love the beautiful backgrounds for the home screen. Looks even better on my 925 than it is on my 810! :smile:

Is SMS still working with WiFi-Calling? Calling still works on my 521, however trying to send SMS results in an error needing a cell connection to send them.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Is SMS still working with WiFi-Calling? Calling still works on my 521, however trying to send SMS results in an error needing a cell connection to send them.

Ugh, nope. I just tried and got the can't send thing. :unhappy: I hope there will be a fix when 8.1 is officially released.

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
When you say SMS are you referring to regular text messages or messages with photos? Sending messages with photos never worked for me on WiFi only.

Ugh, nope. I just tried and got the can't send thing. :unhappy: I hope there will be a fix when 8.1 is officially released.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
When you say SMS are you referring to regular text messages or messages with photos? Sending messages with photos never worked for me on WiFi only.

Regular text messages. As a longtime T-Mobile customer, I know that you have to have only data turned on to successfully to send/receive picture messages. It's a pain, but what can you do? I'm going to test sending a friend a photo regardless to make sure it works. It should because it works on my 810.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Check your "Cellular + SIM" settings.

I can send/receive texts with and without photos using Wi-Fi. (A good thing if you have a limited data plan as I do.)

Unless it has something to do with the plan you have on T-Mob.

And for some stupid reason, you have to have "Wi-Fi Calling" set to Cellular Preferred.

I had the same problem when I initially got my phone. Had to make sure it was locked into T-Mob's network, and not on Automatic search.

At least, that's what worked for me. 😎

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad