Is the lumia 925 worth it now?

nightfeng

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys i want a lumia right now, i am looking at the 925, 1020. Since i am in canada, i doubt the 930s gonna be here any time soon, even if it is here it's gonna be expensive and near the end of 2014. I am just wondering if i get the 925 now, is it a stupid decision? Do you guys experience any sort of lag with the phone? the price is around $530 CAD so im not sure if it's still worth the dollars. I heard that the 1020 lags with the camera app which makes sense for the huge camera it has. Thanks guys:smile:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's a lot of money to spend for the 925, but I tend to feel that way because I got the T-Mobile US version for nearly half that price three months ago. I'm surprised it's that much. I think I would say that if you can find the 1020 for around that price, go for that phone instead (if for no other reasons than for the 32GB of storage and that camera). But the 925 is a great phone in any case.

giulianoreali

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for anyone else or about other WP devices, but I've recently purchased a 925 and I really like it. It's beautiful (IMO) and I don't feel it lags. Granted, it isn't in its prime anymore, but if you aren't into comparing specs, and you focus on the phone itself, it provides a very enjoyable experience that I think will last quite a while, as the hardware is pretty capable and the OS isn't too taxing on it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you get the 925 now, know you are getting a well built device that isn't getting any younger, but still isn't senile by any means.

It will work, work smoothly, and is already better off than the lower end Windows Phones.
Personally I have the 920, the original model, and in terms of horsepower (identical to the 925) it meets my needs just fine. Games run well, but of course you aren't going to run everything at Mach 2, that's where newer phones come in like the 930 and S5.

TL;DR, a solid, respectable phone that has aged gracefully and will be well worth it if the price is right.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree the $530CAD seems a bit high, but the 925 is a great phone. The screen is sharp. Camera takes great pictures (even in low light without flash). My call quality is great. I notice no lags -- everything seems very fluid. I'll add that I've installed the Developer Preview this past week and this phone is fantastic with it. No problems.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Well I got into the Lumia 925 a couple of days ago and I'd say go for it. I don't mind that the specs are not that stellar but its perfect for what I need now. Here in Philippines its on sale so I grab the opportunity and there's no regret. I updated it to WinPhone8.1 too! and it rocks. Its a sleek sexy device. Yes sexier than apple coz its sexy and tough. anyway, had the Lumia 925 had a micro SD slot it would have been perfect. I don;t mind the non-removable battery but an expansion slot is almost welcome.
I do hope MS/Nokia figures that out that and SD card on a high end phone is a must! Even the 930 does not have it. WTF???? But anyways, 16GB is enough for now. I cannot fill it will apps for real but for music its enough. Movies are one thing but I rarely watch movies on phone. Anyway good luck on your decision. I hope this helps.

Hi guys i want a lumia right now, i am looking at the 925, 1020. Since i am in canada, i doubt the 930s gonna be here any time soon, even if it is here it's gonna be expensive and near the end of 2014. I am just wondering if i get the 925 now, is it a stupid decision? Do you guys experience any sort of lag with the phone? the price is around $530 CAD so im not sure if it's still worth the dollars. I heard that the 1020 lags with the camera app which makes sense for the huge camera it has. Thanks guys:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes