Pics and Videos taken with your Lumia 930!

BobiBolivia

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
sorry for the bad quality of the iPhone 5 picture - that's indeed not representative for this device... will repeat this asap...
...and no, it's not taken with an iPhone 5s, it's an iPhone 5...

No worries, it's just my opinion, but powered by fact, that 930 is sporting good OIS, so image will look sharper even in hands :)

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
sorry for the bad quality of the iPhone 5 picture - that's indeed not representative for this device... will repeat this asap...
...and no, it's not taken with an iPhone 5s, it's an iPhone 5...

I think it shows very well for what the Lumia have the OIS ;)
I have also a iphone 4s and its hard enough to take a sharp photo in not perfect light...

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I think it shows very well for what the Lumia have the OIS ;)
I have also a iphone 4s and its hard enough to take a sharp photo in not perfect light...
iPhone 5 already handled this much better - my girlfriend has an iPhone 4s, so it was quite easy to compare iPhone 4s and 5 photo quality (she always went mad if we both took nearly the same picture, hers was blurred, mine was sharp... hahaha...).

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
here some more photos to compare between Lumia 930 (up/left) and iPhone 5 (down/right):

comp01.jpg

comp02.jpg

comp03.jpg

comp04.jpg

still very impressed of the photo Quality of the Lumia 930...

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
here some more photos to compare between Lumia 930 (up/left) and iPhone 5 (down/right):

still very impressed of the photo Quality of the Lumia 930...

Hi Roland. Excuse my ignorance regarding the iPhone 5, but looking at the 2 pics side by side, the 5 looks like it had a pretty poor camera. Or is it just the 930 one is pretty nice?

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Roland. Excuse my ignorance regarding the iPhone 5, but looking at the 2 pics side by side, the 5 looks like it had a pretty poor camera. Or is it just the 930 one is pretty nice?

Well, 20 megapixel against 8 megapixel... Carl Zeiss against Apples lenses... PureView against Apples image processing...

...that's a 3:0 for the Lumia 930... :)

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, 20 megapixel against 8 megapixel... Carl Zeiss against Apples lenses... PureView against Apples image processing...

...that's a 3:0 for the Lumia 930... :)

lol, ah, that explains an awful lot! Thanks for the info, I'm relatively dense on Apple products.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
We should take Lumia 920 as a benchmark for testing low light pics and 5S for normal light. Can someone post pics where 930 is compared with 5s under normal lightening conditions and 920 under low light?

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
much sharper on the lumia, but the 1st and 2nd picture on the iphone there is some camera shake aswell...
maybe, but both versions (L930 and iPhone5) were taken under the same circumstances...
that means that it's much trickier with the iPhone to get good photos... the Lumia 930 supports you much more with image stabilisation, better hardware and (maybe) better software...

cjono

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Let's not forget though that the 5s has a better camera than the 5, plus you are comparing a 2 year old device (iPhone 5 2012) to a brand spanking new one!

Also, IMO the 5s was voted the best all round smartphone by TheVerge, and considering how fast it takes photos and their overall quality i dare say it holds up.

I will pass judgement on the 930 when i play with it in person, but i am not that impressed with the above photos especially compared to say the Galaxy S5 or even my iPhone 5s.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
maybe, but both versions (L930 and iPhone5) were taken under the same circumstances...
that means that it's much trickier with the iPhone to get good photos... the Lumia 930 supports you much more with image stabilisation, better hardware and (maybe) better software...

I always find the images take with the iphone (5/5s) look great on the phone, but put them on a PC there is noticeable image blur. I am hoping the Lumia 930 resolves this so i can get some cracking images.

I will be able to compare shortly :D

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Here's a couple of mine.

The first image is Oxford Circus (Oxford Street) before it gets busy and the second is my watch just to see the amount of detail the camera will capture.

WP_20140708_09_15_51_Raw.jpg

WP_20140708_09_16_02_Raw.jpg

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey, not to hate or anything, but Apple's image processing is extremely good. For anyone with a Mac, just use aperture once (even though it's outdated) - it has the best autocorrection I've ever seen. Anyways, the result in the end is still better on the Lumia, but I really don't think the processing is better on Lumias.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb