Updating phone from another country

Guttu

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have Lumia 820 which was gifted to me by my bro. The phone is from Netherland. That's the language which pop's up when I reset the phone. So now the phone is in India. What are the steps necessary to update this phone without any problem?

I wish to update the phone to Black update and if possible, The developer preview of WP 8.1.

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have Lumia 820 which was gifted to me by my bro. The phone is from Netherland. That's the language which pop's up when I reset the phone. So now the phone is in India. What are the steps necessary to update this phone without any problem?

I wish to update the phone to Black update and if possible, The developer preview of WP 8.1.

If it's factory unlocked you will have no problems at all. To know that if your phone is unlocked try to go to settings -> Extras + Info then check if there's "Sim Unlock" and also the mobile operator should be 000. The only problem is that Nokia doesn't release their updates at the same time worldwide. It still depends on the country variant if your phone is unlocked and it depends on the carrier if your phone is locked.

Guttu

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. When I check Extras+Info, I don't see Sim Unlock. Also the Mobile operator is NLK-NL. But I am able to use the local operator SIm without any problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb