Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

reallyqueen

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought a Lumia630 back in October 2014, it was working perfectly fine up until yesterday. I have a "network connection error" that doesn't let me access Netflix or the appstore, yet I can access the Internet through I.E. & other apps work perfectly fine. I tried a soft reset & deleting apps, but I still can't access the app store! I turned it on & off, reset it & reset my wifi. What should the next step be?
😢

adamc9273

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey, my dad has recently purchased a brand new nokia lumia 630, I'm impressed with it especially its layout its nice and easy for him to use however have a couple of difficulties setting it up,

Main issue i am having is with email, the first problem is that the email icon has completely disappeared from the home screen and also the app screen, i still access the email settings through settings.
Secondly is adding my dads email account, his email account is with ntlworld.com now more commonly known as virgin media, has any successfully added a ntlworld.com email? if so be grateful to know what steps you did, it won't even recognise his details as been correct (email and password) which i know are definitely correct as have used the exact details to his email up on other devices

Greatful for any help guys

Adam

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Main issue i am having is with email, the first problem is that the email icon has completely disappeared from the home screen and also the app screen, i still access the email settings through settings.
The email client is called "Outlook" and not "Email", maybe you're looking the wrong name.

Secondly is adding my dads email account, his email account is with ntlworld.com now more commonly known as virgin media, has any successfully added a ntlworld.com email?
Are you trying to add with "Other account" option or "Advanced Setup"?
If you're using "Other account" you may need to open the email in your browser to check if in its preferences there's an option to allow external access, because Gmail has it and maybe it needs too.
If you could not find this option but find something about POP/SMTP, you'll have to use the "Avanced Setup" to set the servers manually using the info provided in the Virgin site.

Joana Xhaferaj

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
hi everyone my nokia lumia 630 its not charging i tried many chargers i wall and pc but no result it doesnt even show that i conect a charger .....if anyone knows any thing about it please write back thnx

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
hi everyone my nokia lumia 630 its not charging i tried many chargers i wall and pc but no result it doesnt even show that i conect a charger .....if anyone knows any thing about it please write back thnx

Did you tried the charger which came with the phone in the package?

Rohit Awate

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a 9 month old Lumia 630.. Since a week ago, some apps are not opening. These are Evernote, MixRadio and Lumia Camera. Also, some menus in 'Settings' do not open. I tried a soft reset many times, but it doesn't fix the problem. I don't want to hard reset my phone. I am running the Developers' Preview of Windows Phone 8.1
Kindly help! Thank you!
Regards,
Rohit.

Sara B94

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I've recently bought an Nokia Lumia 630 and at first everything was ok but then the internet kept crashing when I went trough some sites like tumblr and even goodreads I've tried doing a soft reset( I think this was the name) but the problem keeps happening and in more sites.
It crashes and it goes to the mobile menu, if anyone could help me I would be thankful.😊
Sara

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I've recently bought an Nokia Lumia 630 and at first everything was ok but then the internet kept crashing when I went trough some sites like tumblr and even goodreads I've tried doing a soft reset( I think this was the name) but the problem keeps happening and in more sites.
It crashes and it goes to the mobile menu, if anyone could help me I would be thankful.
Sara

Is your phone software as well as apps updated ?
Are you using WiFi or 3g data to browse ?

Have you tried the settings of internet explorer.
Change the website preference to mobile version
Try turning off data sense

If that doesn't help, try deleting the history.
If that doesn't also help go to storage sense and delete the temporary files.

laspahr

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I just purchased a cricket 630 from eBay, with a case, for around $30.. Was this a good purchase? I don't plan to use it as a phone, since I use Verizon (darn Verizon. . ) but so I could get some WP experience, it looks pretty nice. Also may get a 810, would that be a good idea, or stay with just a 630? Their specs are about even, with each having better and worse specs in each respect. Thanks :)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Bengoosse

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Since the last update of Windows Phone 8 (Lumia Denim) my lumia 630 shuts down constantly... 4 to 5 times a day and restarts on its own. This makes me unreachable. Is there anyone with the same issue or am I alone
?

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Since the last update of Windows Phone 8 (Lumia Denim) my lumia 630 shuts down constantly... 4 to 5 times a day and restarts on its own. This makes me unreachable. Is there anyone with the same issue or am I alone
?
So you're saying that I should be happy that T-mobile had not released the Denim update for my Lumia 635?

stickgal sick

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Denim update....bugs I have come across & a little bit of a moan too.......

Grrrrrrrrr......

Was fine b4 denim, but the day it updated the issues began:

1 Dialling contacts but never connecting
2 When the above happens and I try to end call, then stays on ending loop
3 Only way to disconnect cycles is to power down phone
4 Power down takes excess of 10 mins to complete, only 'goodbye' on screen
5 When phone powers up, I get 'sim error' and am asked to 'fix' my phone but all my data will be removed. Suggests a backup of phones contents to my PC
6 WP don't back up to pc optionally, so I cant check if they've messed this bit up too. (all well & good saying they will save my data to cloud, but they also promised improved functionality with the denim . update that took months and was promised much, much much sooner.....reliable so far - I think not) I simply don't trust that MS have the capability to back up my data reliably!

7 Text messages: I text someone. No reply. Next time I talk to them via other media they say 'what text?'
8 Back comes the whole power down debacle as in steps 3,4 & 5 as above.
9 after powerup, I get notification that my message was unsuccessful (sometimes days later)
10 Incoming texts do the same, so I do not get them either. Power down....I get hundreds that have been frying to send for days....

So, the issues this has caused are, I cant make a call without 10-12 minutes of powerdown / up cycle. So, emergency calls are out of the question.
I have to powerdown, power up, text / call, then powerdown then up to know if it worked. Nearly 20 mins for an 'Im on my way' text.

Basically I have a windows 'pod' : no phone calls, no texts, limited apps and little screen.

I, alongside others are getting royally sick of MS ignoring these issues ad passing the onus onto formumites to deal with.
I have a very small, limited capability tablet which runs off MS. Way to sneak the figures up for those MS Pro unit sales MS (sic).

After waiting aeons for Denim, and getting impatient that it took nearly a year for us in the UK to get, Im now losing all respect for MS and the way they treat their loyal (!) users.

PHEW!!!!! How i haven't launched a new Lumia satellite I don't know.....probably cos I cant throw that hard :angry:

amariusg

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

After i updated my phone to 8.10.14234.375 a few days ago i am encountering a very annoying bug(?). I don't know if its sim/carrier or an update related problem, but ever since then the phone works normally and even displays full signal, but i can't be reached(like not having signal). If i try making a call, it gets stuck on calling and also gets stuck if i press the end call button(just keeps displaying the calling/ending call message), the only solution being to do a soft reset. After the reset the phone behaves normally until the next day when i get the same problem. Does anyone know whats causing this and/or if there is a solution for it? Thank you.

Best regards,
Marius

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett