Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you just find a new bug/defect in your shiny Lumia 630 ? If so, post in this thread.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

[NOTE]Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.[/NOTE]

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!

Last edited by a moderator:

Krishna Chaitanya5

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I made a call to my friend and neither of us could hear each other. Then I tried calling again, and this time I couldn't hear the ring too. But my friend picked up and spoke and I lost my balance too. Whats with this audio of Lumia 630 during basic voice calls??

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I made a call to my friend and neither of us could hear each other. Then I tried calling again, and this time I couldn't hear the ring too. But my friend picked up and spoke and I lost my balance too. Whats with this audio of Lumia 630 during basic voice calls??

Hey you can try a soft reset by holding volume down +lock button until your phone vibrates and reboot itself.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

It could be a problem with the network.

Krishna Chaitanya5

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried the soft reset but it didn't work out. Then I did the Hard Reset after taking a back up on the cloud. The initial problem was solved but another popped up. My tiles start disappearing when they are pinned to Start Screen. My phone is a week old and such things are frustrating. Windows Phone was my choice always and will stick to it with the hope that things will be sorted out with quick updates.

Vineet garg

May 28, 2014
Visit site
At the home page in photos tile , the photos changes automatically. I deleted one photo from photos but it still showing that deleted photos in the photos tile.

r4hm4n

May 29, 2014
Visit site
last monday, I bought nokia lumia. 630 dual sim.. and i was excited as its function is okay. no lag. everything smooth..
today i facing a problem with my lumia 630. i cannot texting. just type one word and then "space". and its totally stuck. i cannot continue to type a message.

what is the problem? any solution+ thank you.

Sledgehamma

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought my mother the 630 dual sim version (one sim for work, one for privat) and it seems when there is no signal for Sim1 (sim 2 has better coverage) it cannot connect to that network any more. Even if there is a signal. I disabled the sim in settings, enabled it again but no change. I changed from 2G to 3G, no change. I set the network selection from the network (the fact that it finds the network should prove that it is there) to auto and back no change. I have a Lumia 920 with the same provider as Sim 1 and I have network.
Only restarting the phone helps. I wanted to trying change Sim 1 and 2 and see if this has something to do with the Sim slot, but since it's my mother's phone I don't want to confuse her which Sim is private and what work.
Does anybody have the same behaviour?

Sledgehamma

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
last monday, I bought nokia lumia. 630 dual sim.. and i was excited as its function is okay. no lag. everything smooth..
today i facing a problem with my lumia 630. i cannot texting. just type one word and then "space". and its totally stuck. i cannot continue to type a message.

what is the problem? any solution+ thank you.

I can not reproduce your bug. Restart the phone and see if that helps or if this bug comes back.

Yousaf Saeed Shaikh

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
i noticed: Motion data, touch, feedback to nokia & Device Hub in Setting are not opening. Also WP Central website showing 8.1 update is available since 14 th may but my 630 still showing no update here in pakistan.

Alawi Albaity

May 31, 2014
Visit site
me too, I make a call with my lumia 630 , nither me or my friend can hear each other.

i have to do hard reset , so every thing work normally again.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
i noticed: Motion data, touch, feedback to nokia & Device Hub in Setting are not opening. Also WP Central website showing 8.1 update is available since 14 th may but my 630 still showing no update here in pakistan.

Hey welcome to WPcentral forums , your Lumia 630 is pre-installed with latest windows phone 8.1 update + nokia cyan firmware update.

IM Rakib

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I am having same problem as Krishna Chaitanya5, hard resetting the phone temporarily solves the problem. Not only me, my friend who bought the same with me, is having this same very problem, and it's annoying. This is a software bug that Nokia and Microsoft should acknowledge. It's not a network problem or an isolated problem. I searched the net and found many other people are having the same issue. It's mostly happening in Duel sim variation of 630, because all the users mentioned this problem, are using Nokia 630 Duel sim.

Has anyone else contacted proper authorities? I contacted and email both Nokia and Microsoft center, but it's not going to help, more and more affected people should contact them, otherwise they are going to ignore such reports thinking a minor problem. Though hard resetting fixes it for few days, it is not a true fix. I am hoping they acknowledge this problem, and try fixing it soon.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
@ Himanshu Chowdhary: Thanks, Yeah 8.1 CYAN V. 8.10.12359.845 is pre installed but i meant for the latest relaesed on 14th May which is still not avaailable here in Pakistan.

Well technically the latest version is 8.10.12393.890 which was rolled out a couple of days ago. It was seeded to everyone enrolled in the Developer Preview program (which most of the people running 8.1 on non Lumia 63xs are) which is like a beta program where developers or enthusiasts can get access to early builds without carrier or manufacturer approval. The version you've on your phone is the RTM version and would be updated once Microsoft Mobile pushes it as an update. If you want to get enrolled in the Developer Preview program you always can, just search on the forums or site with the keyword Preview For Developers and you'll get the instructions to get enrolled. Do keep in mind that it might void your warranty (this topic is still under dispute)

Oliur Rahman

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I found that in my Lumia 630 in the call time when I try to set the volume it shows me that the volume level is setting up but there is no sound changes. the volume keeps always high. But when I try to call through viber or skype the volume works. I tried to solve these by doing hard reset but it didn't work. Please fix these bug asap Microsoft. If u do so really it will be very good for us.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I found that in my Lumia 630 in the call time when I try to decrease the volume it show me that the volume level is getting down but there is no sound changes. the volume keeps always high. But when I try to call through viber or skype the volume works. I tried to solve these by doing hard reset but it didn't work. Please fix these bug asap Microsoft. If u do so really it will be very good for us.

Which volume are you mentioning here? In-call, ringer+notifications or media+apps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo