Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have just enrolled in Preview for Developer and updated it to build number 12393.

What I am curious is that it is the preview version of Windows Phone with latest build number, in contrast to Lumia 630 which came with RTM version. However, the preview version has higher build number than RTM version of Lumia 630.

In order to get the latest update, should I be with the Preview for Developer version or flash the stock rom back to RTM version of Lumia 630 ?

In addition, for both two versions, which one has the latest update - RTM or Preview for Developer ?

What is your suggestion ?

alvin gomes

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
i found the problem so far:
1. Volume problem while talking through cellular operator/ sim card- volume is too loud and can't lower it down
2. sometimes after receiving a call neither of the parties ( call maker+ call receiver) can hear anyone !

IM Rakib

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
@Roderick Aspiras, do I look like a fool? I tried every other things, in every possible way before hard resetting my phone, which works every damn time, not only for me but also for all the other people around the globe, who are having this exact problem.

marakulkarni

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
HI All,
I bought Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim yesterday and facing following problems:
1) There is no audio for the videos which are shared from friends using WhatsApp.
2) I tried to record video using default Nokia Camera action, it shows that recording is started however there is nothing recorded at the end. I connected the phone to PC to check if any file is created in videos folder. But there was nothing recorded.

Please let me know how can i get rid of this problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Mahesh R. Kulkarni

jasball72

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Brought a Lumia 630, 8 days ago wi fi just stopped working at all!
did a soft reset,hard reset, battery pulled and an update still nothing,
returned handset to retailer who replaced with new one.
Fingers crossed all seems ok. The lumia 630 is an amazing device for the price.

Helen Middlemas

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

received my new Lumina 630 yesterday, having replaced my 620 after I dropped and broke it! I have three email accounts set up, 2 Google and 1 Yahoo and I receive no tone alerts when I receive new emails. My WhatsApp is fine, and my text messaging is fine. Both the volume on apps is full and also ringer is full. I have checked settings etc and I'm clearly missing something. Never had any problems with my 620, but this is really quite frustrating. Any ideas welcome

Thanks

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

received my new Lumina 630 yesterday, having replaced my 620 after I dropped and broke it! I have three email accounts set up, 2 Google and 1 Yahoo and I receive no tone alerts when I receive new emails. My WhatsApp is fine, and my text messaging is fine. Both the volume on apps is full and also ringer is full. I have checked settings etc and I'm clearly missing something. Never had any problems with my 620, but this is really quite frustrating. Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Go into settings > notifications + actions and check each email. You can set a sound for each one individually.
ve9agyze.png

Jared Cimatu

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 630 last Friday..

I removed my sim card from my phone (personal reasons) and after rebooting the phone i can't use it anymore.. it displays my lock screen but i cant tap it anymore. I dont know what to do so i tried removing the batt again and after rebooting it, the same thing happens again.

So after getting frustrated i just left my phone.. and i noticed that it keeps on rebooting and rebooting.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 630 last Friday..

I removed my sim card from my phone (personal reasons) and after rebooting the phone i can't use it anymore.. it displays my lock screen but i cant tap it anymore. I dont know what to do so i tried removing the batt again and after rebooting it, the same thing happens again.

So after getting frustrated i just left my phone.. and i noticed that it keeps on rebooting and rebooting.

Try doing a soft reset by holding down the volume down and power buttons for approx. 15 seconds (phone should vibrate on startup, then let go when you see nokia logo) :)

Peen Mehaanik

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I was badly surprised that there is very limited control over navigation buttons?!
In review of WP8.1 MS promised much more possibilities to customize it - please see picture:
Navigation_Bar_WP81.jpg
In reality (not only on my Lumia630 phone) the screen is next:
Lumia630_nav_buttons.jpg
There is no switch for "Auto hide/show" and no switch for "Swipe up to hide"?! Result of that you lose about10mm of screen which is now used by buttons?!
Is it bug or what?

Attachments

• Navigation_Bar_WP81.jpg
    Navigation_Bar_WP81.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Lumia630_nav_buttons.jpg
    Lumia630_nav_buttons.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Charudatta

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
If you and the person to whom you are calling can't hear the voice, the problem solution is very simple. Just switch off the phone and remove both sims and reinsert.

Charudatta

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
If you and your partner cant hear the voice, the solution is very simple. Just switch off the phone and remove both sims and then re-insert again.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I was badly surprised that there is very limited control over navigation buttons?!
In review of WP8.1 MS promised much more possibilities to customize it - please see picture:

View attachment 68772

In reality (not only on my Lumia630 phone) the screen is next:

View attachment 68773

There is no switch for "Auto hide/show" and no switch for "Swipe up to hide"?! Result of that you lose about10mm of screen which is now used by buttons?!
Is it bug or what?

I raised this issue also elsewhere in the forums - it seems the option is coming (maybe on 24th with the general release?) but not implemented in the RTM version shipped with the 630.

One point to note though is that you are not losing any available screen area, as the display on the 630 is larger to accommodate the virtual buttons as well as the apps. It may be in the future that apps could auto expand to use this additional space when the bar is hidden, but this would have to be added by the developer in each case.

Main complaint for me is that they are a distraction when watching video. If you install the MS files app, and watch a video directly from file browser, you will notice that the virtual buttons do disappear, thus proving that the API exists to control their behaviour, just that no one other than MS seems to be aware or using it yet.

Nick.

jithin jithu

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I baught a new lumia 630 previous day and noted that 3G network mode in sim 1 automatically switch to 2G even though my network have full 3G signal coverage in my area. And the worst thing is that 2G network mode doesn't change even after several times switching between 2G and 3G network modes in phone settings unless i restart phone 2 or 3 times or doing a soft reset! . Any help?
I have used Lumia 625, 820 and HTC 8s and became a fan of windows phone. But this is the first time am facing a problem in windows phone other than volume control error in 625 which cost me a restart when the problem happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett