Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

RamyaReddy

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I am having same problem as Krishna Chaitanya5, hard resetting the phone temporarily solves the problem. Not only me, my friend who bought the same with me, is having this same very problem, and it's annoying. This is a software bug that Nokia and Microsoft should acknowledge. It's not a network problem or an isolated problem. I searched the net and found many other people are having the same issue. It's mostly happening in Duel sim variation of 630, because all the users mentioned this problem, are using Nokia 630 Duel sim.

Has anyone else contacted proper authorities? I contacted and email both Nokia and Microsoft center, but it's not going to help, more and more affected people should contact them, otherwise they are going to ignore such reports thinking a minor problem. Though hard resetting fixes it for few days, it is not a true fix. I am hoping they acknowledge this problem, and try fixing it soon.

I had the same issue with in a week after getting lumia 630 , couldn't hear voice on either incoming or outgoing calls,tried for different no's.Went to nokia care store,he said its a software problem and got it fixed,its very bad ending up in nokia care with in a week and sitting there for more than an hour.that too for the basic call feature of the phone. and after that is fixed today morning my internet is not working it asks me to check whether am in flight mode or my mobile data is off,i checked it every thing is on but stil internet is not working.After soft reset it started to work again.

"My lumia 630 is becoming too hot while it is kept for charging ,(Note: not for a long time),with in minutes it is becoming hot.this happens while am chatting for long time.my screen glass is also hot along with back side" Is this a major issue ? ??Never checked whether it happens for long duration calls also.

Last edited:

RamyaReddy

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Something is wrong with my mobile from today morning, I inserted sim 2 in the morning.After some time internet stopped working, i did soft reset & hard reset nothing worked. then i removed sim 2 and inserted it back again.Internet is working now (not proper,working whenever it wishes to work) but it is not detecting sim 2. showing as no sim.Any solution for this problem.It is dead slow to open any window while both sims are ON.Dual sim is the major thing i looked for in my mobile.

If i check for updates,it it just showing checking for updates for almost 20-30 min then nothing again(not even a message that update is not available ,sometimes no internet).previously before i went for the nokia store for geting it repaired it showed update available.where is it gone now?

Even if i off vibrate ,it is still vibrating for whatsapp messages (Note : kept vibrate off for every app,as there is seperate setting for apps).

Camera clarity is not so good, used nokia asha in past with 2mp camera which was really good.I got a doubt that whether my piece is defective or this is the quality of picture for this phone..The person sitting at nokia care told me that this phone comes with this quality picture only.

The piece which i got is a faulty piece ??? its only 2 weeks and am regretting my decision to buy this phone instead of xperia which is for same cost but 0.5" less screen size and also with front cam.:cry:

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
qupu4aqy.png

I've found that the colour profile settings in settings > display reset every time I lock the screen... Anyone else have the same problem?
Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

vaib04

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
screen tune off while calling, but allows me to use touchscreen...but when I use an app for audio calls(Skype,viber etc) the screen turns off even if I try to use the touchscreen...while on normal calls it only turns off when a big object (like cheek) is touching the screen allowing us to use the screen with finger... this is not the case when using apps for audio calls

Juniar Pirwansa

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
i got problem with my lumia 630..
it cannot recognize sd card when i check use storage sense (notice: not found)
but when i check use app files it show..

can help??:crying:

bidrohi462

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Having problem with my Nokia Lumia 630.

When I try to listen to music (using the Music app), sometimes the volume does not change. When I press the volume buttons, I can see the volume (music+apps, or headphone) level change on screen, but it doesn't actually change. I have to restart my phone to make the volume work, but after some time, the volumes gets stuck again.

I have searched in Google regarding this problem, and it seems that it has been a bug in Windows Phone 8. If it is still an OS problem, how come Microsoft did not solve it in the new WP8.1?

If there is a solution, please let me know.

Thanks.

Jonny Constable

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
helloi bought my phone thursday, downloaded certain apps made the phone mine and then saturday evening ( last night ) it updated for what ever reason and now i have this other blokes photos, contacts, basicly what ever he as done on his phone as trasferred over too mine and my contacts and photos ect have vanished. this is obviously a major issue. i still have the same number as i got my mum to text me my apps i downloaded are still on there.
i am trying to delete this stuff but its impossible to get weird of it all as im not completely familier with the phone yet. as anyone got any advice or ideas how to ge tit back too normal please??

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Something is wrong with my mobile from today morning, I inserted sim 2 in the morning.After some time internet stopped working, i did soft reset & hard reset nothing worked. then i removed sim 2 and inserted it back again.Internet is working now (not proper,working whenever it wishes to work) but it is not detecting sim 2. showing as no sim.Any solution for this problem.It is dead slow to open any window while both sims are ON.Dual sim is the major thing i looked for in my mobile.

If i check for updates,it it just showing checking for updates for almost 20-30 min then nothing again(not even a message that update is not available ,sometimes no internet).previously before i went for the nokia store for geting it repaired it showed update available.where is it gone now?

Even if i off vibrate ,it is still vibrating for whatsapp messages (Note : kept vibrate off for every app,as there is seperate setting for apps).

Camera clarity is not so good, used nokia asha in past with 2mp camera which was really good.I got a doubt that whether my piece is defective or this is the quality of picture for this phone..The person sitting at nokia care told me that this phone comes with this quality picture only.

The piece which i got is a faulty piece ??? its only 2 weeks and am regretting my decision to buy this phone instead of xperia which is for same cost but 0.5" less screen size and also with front cam.:cry:

Regarding the dual sim issue ... i dont know. but for the rest i have replies.

are you on data or wifi ?. when you went to the store maybe they connected it to wifi to check for updates or your signal strength was good enough to allow a check. but..... if the net is terribly slow, there is nothing you can do about it other than switching to a faster network provider.

regarding whatsapp : you can do nothing about it . when you are in silent mode, with all the vibrate settings off, it does vibrate unless you turn up the volume of your phone (not silent mode). Remember whatsapp has limited support for wp devices. They dont even have a switch inside the app to turn off vibration.

Camera : try changing the aspect ratio to 4:3 from the settings (by default its in 16:9 (4MP)). Camera is pretty decent in this phone (Check the thread on photos captured with lumia 630)

and last of all you need to update your device regularly for that you need to have a decent network connection/wifi.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
helloi bought my phone thursday, downloaded certain apps made the phone mine and then saturday evening ( last night ) it updated for what ever reason and now i have this other blokes photos, contacts, basicly what ever he as done on his phone as trasferred over too mine and my contacts and photos ect have vanished. this is obviously a major issue. i still have the same number as i got my mum to text me my apps i downloaded are still on there.
i am trying to delete this stuff but its impossible to get weird of it all as im not completely familier with the phone yet. as anyone got any advice or ideas how to ge tit back too normal please??

did you sign in with your own account ?

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Having problem with my Nokia Lumia 630.

When I try to listen to music (using the Music app), sometimes the volume does not change. When I press the volume buttons, I can see the volume (music+apps, or headphone) level change on screen, but it doesn't actually change. I have to restart my phone to make the volume work, but after some time, the volumes gets stuck again.

I have searched in Google regarding this problem, and it seems that it has been a bug in Windows Phone 8. If it is still an OS problem, how come Microsoft did not solve it in the new WP8.1?

If there is a solution, please let me know.

Thanks.

Please update your apps/phone software regularly .

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
screen tune off while calling, but allows me to use touchscreen...but when I use an app for audio calls(Skype,viber etc) the screen turns off even if I try to use the touchscreen...while on normal calls it only turns off when a big object (like cheek) is touching the screen allowing us to use the screen with finger... this is not the case when using apps for audio calls

Lumia 630 doesnt have a proximity sensor, so it relies on touch feedback while on calls to autmatiaclly lock the screen (nothing you can do about it !) .

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
My nokia is lumia 630 dual sim - my problem is call volume (volume when you are on the talk) is not reducing it is always high. Even while in the call mode i press the volume down key button and it shows in display it reduces but in reality the volume is still high. What should I do? Any suggestion. Please I have not drop or done anything to it. It is only 3 days I have used absolutely new.

update your phone software !

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Well .. I don't know if its basically a bug .. but the action center doesn't stand up to my expectations ... The notifications don't clear up automatically for WhatsApp and some other Apps ... They get cleaned up only if i get into WhatsApp through the notification or i manually remove it !!!! Is somebody else faceing the same Problem ???

true that !.. its a bug ! same issues here !

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
HI All,
I bought Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim yesterday and facing following problems:
1) There is no audio for the videos which are shared from friends using WhatsApp.
2) I tried to record video using default Nokia Camera action, it shows that recording is started however there is nothing recorded at the end. I connected the phone to PC to check if any file is created in videos folder. But there was nothing recorded.

Please let me know how can i get rid of this problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Mahesh R. Kulkarni

maybe the videos really dont have audio in them (there are videos like that)

rec orded videos are in the folder SDCARD/PICTURES/CAMERA ROLL

gbo-x

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
After 2 days the display of my lumia 630 starts to behave strangely. See pictures: Colour change home screen (agenda and contacts), blue jumping blocks in the keyboard when texting.
SDC13450.JPG
SDC13452.JPG
Any idea?
Regards,
Gbo-x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99