Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Niels Faurskov

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine today, also gets very hot in the lower right corner. I was thinking of sending the phone back in, but I guess it doesn't matter if it's a universal issue :(. I don't think its related to the data usage,at least not for me. I find that when the screen is off it cools down and doing normal tasks gets it hot slowly. Quite disappointing, hope it can be fixed with a firmware update, what do you guys suggest?:)

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
Just got mine today, also gets very hot in the lower right corner. I was thinking of sending the phone back in, but I guess it doesn't matter if it's a universal issue :(. I don't think its related to the data usage,at least not for me. I find that when the screen is off it cools down and doing normal tasks gets it hot slowly. Quite disappointing, hope it can be fixed with a firmware update, what do you guys suggest?:)
I agree, I don't find a relation with data usage either, and I also don't find a relation with high CPU usage; WP 8.1 is becoming a complex SO, so I don't know what it's doing in the background, anyway I was not doing anything special in the foreground.

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
just found one: while scrolling the start screen here and there, suddenly the GUI zoomed as if I had activated a sort of magnify; clearly a bug as the GUI responded to touch input as the zoom was not there, so everything was cluttered. no way to zoom out until a soft reset.

it seems this is not a bug, just double tap with two fingers. do it again an the zoom goes away. :sweaty:

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Yep, can't be returned because of this issue, although if you're left handed it wouldn't be a problem :) hopefully a firmware update will fix it.

Just to add to the list of defects, I'm facing the purple hue issue in automatic brightness, not so much of a biggy until people started posting that it was an "issue"

Niels Faurskov

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yep, can't be returned because of this issue, although if you're left handed it wouldn't be a problem :) hopefully a firmware update will fix it.

Just to add to the list of defects, I'm facing the purple hue issue in automatic brightness, not so much of a biggy until people started posting that it was an "issue"

I'm right handed, I can do with the heat but the fact that heat it spending so much of my precious battery power, is what bothers me :)

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Is it me or does anyone else's phone get really hot at the bottom right with mobile data usage? I'm finding it hard to hold.

Gets a bit warm (bottom right) but no where near to hard to hold. Been using my device for 4 days or so (email x 3, whatsapp, music, maps)

garymontague

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else's screen seem to be a bit darker on one side with a grey background?

When on the normal homescreen with a black image the screen is perfectly black. However when I am on a screen with a greyish background (ie setting the country, setting the alarm time etc the grey background is a darker grey on the right hand side.

Is this just mine or is this normal?

Thanks

doisy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, the purple hue on the screen is an issue that can be solved through a firmware update, just like it happened with the Icon.

Can somebody confirm this for me?

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Now i have mine I can see what you all mean, the back does heat up. Hopefully can be sorted via a software update.

Purple haze on screen I cant really see it if I'm honest. The screen is gorgeous to look at and use. Massively impressed.

Matthias Verboven

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've found something regarding the heating in the right corner. If you turn off the option to use your mobile data when the wifi signal isn't strong enough, it seems to reduce the heat. Not much, but a little it seems.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if you could class this as a bug or defect. Just something i have noticed....

Does anyone else feel the bright orange (or green for that matter) will add additional colour to images such as close up shots? Now i have the phone in hand, i noticed it when trying to do a close up shot earlier.

How are you finding the bright colours and taking photos?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786