Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Justinian84

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm also getting 2 additional issues:
- Power button not responding occasionally when trying to unlock device.
- occasionally phone unlocks to a "loading..." black screen. Have to lock and unlock to rectify.

The sad part is, these issues have been around on the Lumia Icon and were promised to be fixed with Cyan. Get your act together Microkia!

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have touch, battery and heat issues on my Lumia 930. The touch screen is not sensitive especially at the top part. It's hard to pull the Action Center, to tap the arrow at the volume settings and to flick switches in the settings page. The battery drains faster than I expect. As for the heat, it's located at the right bottom side near the search button. A few other user has similar issues as well here, in Malaysia.

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I received the 930 today. I have no issues with the purple :D the only thing i don't like are the stripes on the aluminium... For the rest i love this device, especially the clear display!

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I received the 930 today. I have no issues with the purple :D the only thing i don't like are the stripes on the aluminium... For the rest i love this device, especially the clear display!

Yeah I noticed those too, but at least they're functional being part of the antennas, rather than just random stripes!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

The strips on the top and bottom are for the antennas, so yeah, sorry mate, they have to be there. :/

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm right handed, I can do with the heat but the fact that heat it spending so much of my precious battery power, is what bothers me :)
I agree! That is what bothers me as well. If I wanted a hand warmer I would go and buy it 😊
The purple haze thingy is just an ode to Jimmy Hendrix. Fortunately a hard reset fixes it!

Apart from the heat this phone exceeds all my expectations!

Chri55e

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I am having a really annoying issue with my lumia 930 .... often (8 out of 10 times) when i swipe out of the lock screen the lumia needs to _load_ the start screen which takes up to 5 minutes ... looks like this wp_ss_20140710_0001.png

again: i just swiped up the lock screen ... and no, thats no app reloading, its the start screen and a soft reset did not help so far

Last edited:

Justinian84

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having a really annoying issue with my lumia 930 .... often (8 out of 10 times) when i swipe out of the lock screen the lumia needs to _load_ the start screen which takes up to 5 minutes ... looks like this View attachment 71839

again: i just swiped up the lock screen ... and no, thats no app reloading, its the start screen and a soft reset did not help so far

This is an issue with Cortana being pinned to the start screen. Unpinning it fixed this for me.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Some annoying issues lately, the phone seems to control itself at times, sort of simulating me pressing the back button where I can hear repeated vibrations and the screen moving around.

Anyone else seeing this?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the purple hue issue on low brightness.

Also, there is a major issue with how swipes are being detected as taps - resulting in massive frustration while navigating apps horizontally. I read about the 1520 also having this issue. Doesn't happen in all apps and doesn't happen at all on my 920. Major offenders are Games, Videos, Music, Metrotube.

Ah, not again :-( I sold my 1520 over this issue, was more or less complete unusable because of it. My 930 doesn't have it at all, however.

This is a hardware problem - get it exchanged

Justinian84

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ah, not again :-( I sold my 1520 over this issue, was more or less complete unusable because of it. My 930 doesn't have it at all, however.

This is a hardware problem - get it exchanged

Oh no...that's not what I want to hear. Are you certain that none of the apps I mentioned have this issue on your 930?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm also getting 2 additional issues:
- Power button not responding occasionally when trying to unlock device.
- occasionally phone unlocks to a "loading..." black screen. Have to lock and unlock to rectify.

The sad part is, these issues have been around on the Lumia Icon and were promised to be fixed with Cyan. Get your act together Microkia!

Serves you right for that "Microkia". :p

That said, the second problem you speak of I've had it on the 920 and 1020 running WP8.1 which leads me to believe it's a bug with the OS and NOT with the hardware.

This is an issue with Cortana being pinned to the start screen. Unpinning it fixed this for me.

It's not Cortana, it's WP8.1 itself. I don't use or have Cortana on my phones (US only after all...) and I've had the same problem.

Chri55e

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
thanks, i will try it and see how it works ! :)

Edit 12/07 - the problem did not occur anymore since i unpinned cortana, thank you very much for the advise

Last edited:

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh no...that's not what I want to hear. Are you certain that none of the apps I mentioned have this issue on your 930?

Positive - I know the issue very well from the 1520. Had 4 different phones with various degrees of the problem. It's definitely a hardware problem and Nokia wasn't able to fix it with a software patch on the 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99