Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Justinian84

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Positive - I know the issue very well from the 1520. Had 4 different phones with various degrees of the problem. It's definitely a hardware problem and Nokia wasn't able to fix it with a software patch on the 1520.

I would be inclined to think it's an app problem actually... Most of my apps don't have this issue at all, while others reliably have it. There is obviously a way that apps can be coded to not have this issue. Also never happens when vertical scrolling or in the OS itself.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah, not again :-( I sold my 1520 over this issue, was more or less complete unusable because of it. My 930 doesn't have it at all, however.

This is a hardware problem - get it exchanged

The only reason I've considered a 930 (aside from the design) is the swipe/tap issue. If this exists in the 930 as well, I'll gladly just hang onto my 1520.3 for the LTE, supreme battery life and Glance.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I've considered a 930 (aside from the design) is the swipe/tap issue. If this exists in the 930 as well, I'll gladly just hang onto my 1520.3 for the LTE, supreme battery life and Glance.

What do you mean by LTE? Doesn't the 930 have the exact same 3G chip as the 1520?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I would be inclined to think it's an app problem actually... Most of my apps don't have this issue at all, while others reliably have it.

There have always been apps that show the problem more than others. Usually, the problem gets worse over time and extends to the whole OS

sibirsk

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
- choppy scrolling in many apps
- phone doesn't seem to be as fast as it should be. Apps load slowly
- keyboard autocorrect lags a bit, making it necessary to manually correct words all the time, although the phone does recognize the mistakes and underlines them, it's too slow to correct them while typing.

I hope these can be fixed.
My old HTC radar (1 GHz single-core processor and wp 7.5) was faster. Not a single lag or stutter in the interface.
The same I can't say for my 930.

Actually, the keyboard autocorrection being slow may be part of the phone heating up when doing simple things like whatsapp, texting, etc...

Justinian84

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
There have always been apps that show the problem more than others. Usually, the problem gets worse over time and extends to the whole OS

I tried my friends 930 today and it did the same thing in the same apps. The chance that 2 different 930s from completely different stocks have the same issue is pretty small... unless it's a VERY common hardware issue.

I did some further testing and it appears that it's not only limited to some apps, but certain tiles in those apps. For example, the first 2 long tiles in Video app are fine when swiped, but the 3rd and 4th ones always will register taps, even when scrolled to different vertical positions on screen. I'm almost certain now that this is an app issue in specific apps and not a hardware issue.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried my friends 930 today and it did the same thing in the same apps. The chance that 2 different 930s from completely different stocks have the same issue is pretty small... unless it's a VERY common hardware issue.

I did some further testing and it appears that it's not only limited to some apps, but certain tiles in those apps. For example, the first 2 long tiles in Video app are fine when swiped, but the 3rd and 4th ones always will register taps, even when scrolled to different vertical positions on screen. I'm almost certain now that this is an app issue in specific apps and not a hardware issue.

Can you do a video of it, or a more detailed description? I don't have any problem, and I scrolled through everything the Video app has to scroll.. I'd say go to a Nokia/Microsoft shop and get it exchanged.. it is not common, at least not on mine.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Believe me: It's not an app issue. First of all, nobody else here seems to have it. Plus we had all been hoping / speculating for it to be an app / software issue on the 1520 but it just isn't. Get it exchanged while you still can!

airslap

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Does everyone with purple hue issue have it darker at the top? Also are there many users with other bugs but not experiencing the screen issues?

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the fact that the device can get hot (especially the lower right corner) and thus is using precious battery power to warm my hands my phone has no issues at all! Best Windows Phone device I ever had!

Dt967

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed my screen gets the purple hue but only at low brightness settings. It's most noticeable when I'm on auto in a dark room where it goes darker than the "low" setting. Because of this I think it's a software issue and I hope Microsoft fixes this soon.

Justinian84

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you do a video of it, or a more detailed description? I don't have any problem, and I scrolled through everything the Video app has to scroll.. I'd say go to a Nokia/Microsoft shop and get it exchanged.. it is not common, at least not on mine.

As an example, the top 2 wide tiles in video can be swiped horizontally without registering as taps, but Disney Blockbusters and the one below it have issues.

I know it's not an area of the screen with issues because I can reposition the tiles and the same 2 tiles have issues. There are no other areas in this app that accidentally register taps while swiping.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
that's extremely weird, I can't get it to happen on my 930 - normally I'd say it's a hardware defect, but if you say it's not dependant on the place on the screen but on the tile, I have no clue what could be wrong, sorry..

Justinian84

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It might be that some screens have a lower tolerance for swipes and the apps themselves are coded in such a way as to be too sensitive. Combine the two and you have cases like I mentioned above while other users are completely unaffected.

Oh well, I'm going to try and return mine since this is one annoying issue that is really not acceptable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss