Lumia 635 User Reviews

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
This phone is better than comparable Android phones for the same price. I only paid $40, locked to GoPhone for 6 months.

You get 720p video capture, and a 5 mp camera. You also get 4 cores, and 512 MB of RAM. That alone justifies the price. The 4G helps too. The 8 GB ROM could be better; you definitely want to use an SD card with this phone.

Last I checked the phone was $69 at the Microsoft Store. Still a good price. Over at T-Mobile, where the phone is not subsidized, you'll pay twice as much.

It's a great piece of hardware. Yes, it does resume. Yes, if you get carried away with it the phone reboots. But it does the job for most people, and I don't need to remove the battery and it doesn't overheat.

srcpt

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
It's a great piece of hardware. Yes, it does resume. Yes, if you get carried away with it the phone reboots. But it does the job for most people, and I don't need to remove the battery and it doesn't overheat.

My 635 has never rebooted. In fact, I get warnings from My Tmobile that it's been too long and I need to restart my phone. Should I be worried? Am I not wild and crazy enough with my phone? What can I do to get reboots like everyone else?

Sent using Tapatalk HD

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
My 635 has never rebooted. In fact, I get warnings from My Tmobile that it's been too long and I need to restart my phone. Should I be worried? Am I not wild and crazy enough with my phone? What can I do to get reboots like everyone else?

Sent using Tapatalk HD

You don't have to reboot. If you get stuck and feel the need, hold the power and the volume down buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. The phone should shut off, which can take a minute.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Love this phone - traded in my iPhone 6 plus and went with this full time on T-Mobile. Size is perfect and the speed is more than adequate (Resumes every once in awhile, but not enough to be annoying)

The only negative is the screen is a total fingerprint magnet (I have sweaty hands, so it really starts looking cruddy fast). I hate putting screen protectors on phones, so I just use some LCD wipes we have for multimeter screens at work to clean it off every few days. Usually a quick wipe with the shirt is good enough

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
What are your likes and dislikes of the Lumia 635?

Thinking of getting the 635 on Sprint. I just hate to pay $179 when all the other carriers have it for less then $100. I could get it for free with a new contract, which is what I'll probably do. Anyone here have it on Sprint? If so, how is it? FYI: Still using the Arrive.

Pearcey125

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I've had my 635 a couple of months now, so feel qualified to give a proper review. I previously have used Android phones.

I paid ?50 in the UK on the EE network. The 4G works great, and the service from the network is better than I've experienced from other UK networks.

On to the phone. I like it, a lot. I game, I use a lot of apps, I watch videos, listen to podcasts and music, text and call a lot... I guess I'm a 'power user'. Yes this phone has it's niggles ( I find hitting the lock / unlock button, solves most of the minor issues..

I've been enjoying the gaming experience a lot. It rarely quits while playing games and handles Minecraft and Dream League Soccer just fine (although it runs hot, but saying that most devices do when playing graphically intense games)

The call quality is excellent and it rarely drops a call.

I wish the application manager had an option to clear the cache of the downloaded apps. I had to uninstall and reinstall Facebook because it was talking up over 1gb of memory. This seems a huge oversight which I hope Windows 10 has.

Other than that I'm very impressed, and now I'm seriously considering upgrading to the Lumia 640 when it's released.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Bought a 635. some thoughts.

So I picked up a Lumia 635 today for 50 bucks and I have some thoughts. First of all I should note I purchased this phone not to use as my main phone, but rather a media device I could bring while at the gym or walking. My iPhone 6 plus is too big to comfortably do that, so I wanted something cheap.

Now, I will say that um shocked at how good this is for a 50 dollar phone. While web browsing is on the sorta slow side, it's not unbearable and the home screen and syesten is rather snappy otherwise. There's some small complaints (I'm noticing on white backgrounds that on the top padt of the screen there's this weird light bleed thing going on) but for 50 bucks you can forgive alot of stuff. It honestly made me feel a tad dumb for spending so much on my iPhone, but the iPhone is a much better experience performance wise, which is expected due to specs.

Overal I love the windows phone OS, bit I can't make it mt daily driver. The app situation is a Achilles heel. I really want this OS to do well, but I fear that its a matter of time before its killed off.

Pearcey125

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Just like to add, my 635 suffered a major drop out of my jacket pocket, and on to tram lines (I was running to catch a tram and it fell out of my pocket) probably a 10ft drop onto concrete / metal. The back came off, but other than that there isn't a mark on it. So anyone concerned about build quality / durability can rest a little easier.

I also need to be a lot more careful!

Charron Daughtry

May 13, 2015
Visit site
You got a new Lumia 635 ? Share your experience in this thread.
Have any doubts ? Post it here :smile:

Like windows products. Have a Lumia 635. Not happy with text message features. All recievers of text mesh complain long mesg nit readable, broken up, ir spaced apart.

Going with another brand annoyance I cannot afford. Text allot need mesg to be clear, and precise. Disappointed, like when XP was let go...

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos