Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Lumia 925. It was on-sale (unlocked) so I did not hesitate. I'm loving the phone I think for what it is now if it had only a microSD slot then, it would probably be the best WP8 now. I don't mind the non-removable battery.

My problem is its overheating and its on the top side where the receiver is so when I take calls its warming my left ear.

Is this a known problem? any fix?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The 'ole hard reset is what I did.

I had an app or two that were warming the phone up when I first got it also.

Gratz on the 925!
Hope you get cooled off there.

neglekted

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Why would you say it is "overheating"? It can get warm, sure, but unless the heat is causing stability problems it's definitely not overheating.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
That's what it does to me. It heats up to the point that its not comfortable touching your ears. No stability issue except battery drains quite fast. So now I'm having it hard reset.

Why would you say it is "overheating"? It can get warm, sure, but unless the heat is causing stability problems it's definitely not overheating.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The hottest my 925 ever got was on Monday, when I was updating it to 8.1. It was attached to a charger at the time. I don't know why it would heat up while on a call, though. :straight:

Alligator42

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine went crazy heating up when I had trouble syncing my Gmail account. It would drain the battery in a matter of hours. Once I turned off the problematic email account, everything went back to normal.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Good news! Did the hard reset last night. It did fix the over heating and yes some of the apps may have been the culprit like email doing synchronization. Now its okay except for the battery life. I hope Nokia fix it in the next firmware. I already installed the first patch for WP8.1 -fyi.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I finally figured it out. The real cause of overheating. Its actually my Cellular settings. My subscription is on for 3G not LTE however, I have misconfigured my L925 to use the highest data settings at 4G and configured access points to use 4G as well. This caused my phone to work hard to try to use 4G thus, pushing the CPU resulting into overheating. What I did was to change the configuration to 3G as the highest data connection and access points to use 3G. I did however, gave my provider a request to activate LTE to my subscription. Let's wait and see. I will post another update when my LTE gets activated -- hopefully, within 24 hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium