System storage woes!!

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm posting this as a new thread, because I wasn't getting any help or response in another thread that I posted in (Windows Phone 8 forum). Anyway, here's the issue. Awhile back I downloaded Asphalt 8 Airborne. Needless to say it's somewhat of a storage hog...requiring anywhere from 2.5-3.5 GB free just to install, AND for any updates that come along. Recently I attempted an update and was unable to due to not enough free space. I finally had enough of the storage issue crap, and just made the decision to uninstall the app - even though it is a VERY COOL game that I like! Having now uninstalled the app, when I check available phone storage space...the system storage shows as using up 4.61 GB. I've searched other threads, and I don't think this is normal. A normal amount seems to be anywhere between 1.9 - 2.5 GB for system storage. Most solutions that I have found say to perform a hard reset. Sorry to be ignorant...but I'm not sure how to perform a hard reset on my phone, AND what exactly will I lose if I do so, AND how do I perform a back-up if necessary?

Thanks!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Here's how to "RESET" the phone:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-guides-how-tos/280677-guide-reset-your-lumia.html

Chances are your phone is already backed up.
The back-up option is in "Settings"
View attachment 67751

View attachment 67752
Tap on each option to back-up before resetting...
Select "Back up now"

You'll have to re-do your start screen after backing up.
If I remember correctly everything else comes back.

Hoping this helps you get thru this.
Good luck

Thanks that helps a lot. However I am curious about backing up my photos. This option was currently not enabled, but I have since enabled it. Do I have to wait a period of time before the phone backs up my photos to the cloud, or is there a way to force a back up without going through and manually selecting all photos?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140529_0001.png

Make sure the best quality for image uploads over wi-fi is enabled.
Simply look at OneDrive to see if your latest photos have shown up.

The last time I hard reset after restoring the back-ups my photos were still on the phone.
Uploads to the cloud over high speed wi-fi don't seem to take very long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans