Icon or "Goldfinger"?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's funny, If your a Verizon customer, you know what it's like to wait for a phone by now(esp if your a Windows Phone fan). With this being said, If your waiting for the next phone because of new features or specs, as soon as the next phone comes out, there will be rumors about the NEXT big phone.

With the next Nokia high end phone not rumored till hit till Nov, You might as welll get the ICON or you will always be waiting for the next big thing...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's funny, If your a Verizon customer, you know what it's like to wait for a phone by now(esp if your a Windows Phone fan). With this being said, If your waiting for the next phone because of new features or specs, as soon as the next phone comes out, there will be rumors about the NEXT big phone.

With the next Nokia high end phone not rumored till hit till Nov, You might as welll get the ICON or you will always be waiting for the next big thing...

It's just the same people over and over again. They continually post about how they don't want the Icon so that they can convince themselves they don't want it long enough to get the next phone. In the mean while, all of the Icon users that actually use this subsection have to put up with nay-sayers posts.

Really a shame...

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
In the mean while, all of the Icon users that actually use this subsection have to put up with nay-sayers posts.

Really a shame...

You do realize you're posting in a thread specifically labeled "Icon or 'Goldfinger'"? I don't have any evidence of it, but I don't think anyone held a gun to your head and forced you to open this thread up.

It's just the same people over and over again. They continually post about how they don't want the Icon so that they can convince themselves they don't want it long enough to get the next phone.

I do believe there are quite a few in here who have been discussing the pros and cons of the Icon/930, discussed why it was released as late as it was and the advantage of waiting for the 'Hero'-device. So we're holding a decent coversation while your post is off-topic and unhelpful to the thread.

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly you need to change the title to "Icon or McLaren?".
Any new thoughts since the roadmap got leaked revealing the hero-device everyone have been waiting for coming in November?

Nope, I'm still getting an Icon. I've actually already ordered it and it should be here in 4-6 days! It's funny though...news came out about this McLaren device less than 24 hours after my Icon was purchased and shipped out...

Anyways, I'm excited for the Icon and I'm happy with my decision to get it now rather than wait until I could get my hands on a McLaren...I probably will end up getting one if it really is worthy of the "hero device" title but not until the time is right for me.

Judging by the fact that it's on so many US carriers at launch makes it seem as though it really will be a big deal. Hopefully this McLaren will make people take Windows phone seriously :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's just the same people over and over again. They continually post about how they don't want the Icon so that they can convince themselves they don't want it long enough to get the next phone. In the mean while, all of the Icon users that actually use this subsection have to put up with nay-sayers posts.

Really a shame...

I learned my lesson when I was much younger...My PC was getting old, so I was waiting for the new CPUs to come out to build a new computer, so as soon as those hit, the rumors hit and I waited again....Then they hit, then the rumors for the NEWER chip....

I waited almost a year and 1/2 to upgrade a 4 year old PC..... here I was trying to play games...

If your waiting for the next new thing, you will always be waiting for it and never get one....

You do realize you're posting in a thread specifically labeled "Icon or 'Goldfinger'"? I don't have any evidence of it, but I don't think anyone held a gun to your head and forced you to open this thread up.

And YET it was still opened in the ICON area, mainly about "goldfinger" It should be in upcoming rumored device.

And with Every device (look if you don't believe me), we get these same posts, Get this phone or the next one that is coming out in X months....Same crap...

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Why post in the thread or read it at all then? Every thread we get these same posts, "I don't like the topic of this thread but I'm going to post in it and rant for no reason"... Same crap...

I never said I don't like the Icon. I simply wanted to know the opinions of others and I'm getting the Icon.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Why post in the thread or read it at all then? Every thread we get these same posts, "I don't like the topic of this thread but I'm going to post in it and rant for no reason"... Same crap...

I never said I don't like the Icon. I simply wanted to know the opinions of others and I'm getting the Icon.

The funny thing is, You posted this in the WRONG area. This should of been in the "Upcoming or Rumored device" And yes, I have a valid reason, I've been here a lot longer than you (at least on post count), so I guess posting in the wrong place is semi-acceptable(depending on what the mods say).

Every phone, ever model, is the same thread.....AKA: Should I get the current model or wait for the <upcoming rumored> devices.

So yea, it's been done on almost every phone on every thread, even the iPhone threads. Yea, it's old...

And I am not sure how you can get a honest opinion of people on a device that is only a rumor at this point, even a solid rumor of features on the device is not out yet.

Yea, the ICON is a nice phone, no question....It's the best you can get right now in a Windows Phone device UNLESS you desire a 6" display on the 1320 on AT&T (a hair better due to better battery life). It's really hard to compare it to a phone that is just a rumor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb