no hotmail app

o_OAndys

May 1, 2014
Visit site
my gf's 1520 has not had a hotmail app since she bought it, and even after installing 8.1 preview, still no app! looking in app store, cannot find the stock app. she has to check email through website....

o_OAndys

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Settings > email + accounts > add an account > Outlook.com
this did not work. microsoft account already linked, she tried adding outlook.com and it took her to sign in, once signed in said already in use or something like that. she is still only able to check emails through website.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Some screenshots would be really helpful in this situation if you could provide them; all WP devices come with the mail app and it cannot be removed, so it must be something simple that you are overlooking.

Go to your apps list and scroll down to "Outlook". If it's not there, scroll to "Hotmail". Pin it to the start screen if it isn't already.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
this did not work. microsoft account already linked, she tried adding outlook.com and it took her to sign in, once signed in said already in use or something like that. she is still only able to check emails through website.

In the Microsoft Account settings on the phone (Settings -> email+accounts -> Microsoft account) make sure the Email box is ticked, and at the top should be the account name (mine is Outlook). Now look for that name in the app list and her Mailbox should be there.

o_OAndys

May 1, 2014
Visit site
In the Microsoft Account settings on the phone (Settings -> email+accounts -> Microsoft account) make sure the Email box is ticked, and at the top should be the account name (mine is Outlook). Now look for that name in the app list and her Mailbox should be there.
thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05