Suspicious about my 1520 purchase from Amazon

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Really looking forward to getting the Lumia 1520, however I've purchased it from Amazon.co.uk, from a seller known as Xtra Chubby, http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2566592

Looking at some feedback of the seller where some people have stated 'import but not a problem' and others having a problem with it. My suspicions are that the seller may import it from somewhere within the EU, but worst comes to worst it may come from China.

However as stated by the seller it is dispatched from the United Kingdom, but if I do find out it is in fact an import from China, I shall presume the warranty is invalid.

So if worse comes to worse should I return it? As the 2 year warranty if valid works alongside the bank covering accidental damage, theft etc. Surely I don't want to give that up!

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
If it's from the EU then it's covered but I suspect they are from Hong Kong and not covered.

I hope it is from within the EU,
However if it's not then seller isn't complying with Amazon's information and the regard that it's dispatched from within the UK, so I'll keep upto date on what's happening! But here's hoping it's EU!

NYRbeezer

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I've always wondered why, since the dawn of internet shopping, do people always purchase first and then seconds later start asking these types of questions?

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I've always wondered why, since the dawn of internet shopping, do people always purchase first and then seconds later start asking these types of questions?

It's not that, it's the regard that the seller clearly states dispatched from UK and amazon states it's the UK model. Clearly if they send me an import I have been misled, therefore would go through the complaints procedure.

ColinAlbright

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I got a Nokia 1520 from them too...
I just went on line with Nokia to register the warranty, and we went thru loads of bits.. The key is on the box, it says CV HK in the top right of the label..
This means the phone has no warranty in the UK..., not even a 1 year warranty... EU devices get 2 years..
Nokia told me to contact XTRA CUBBY and ask them to swap the device with an EU one..
I brought it a few weeks back now and I have emailed them with a transcript of the online chat with Nokia..
The phone is great and the price was good and it all arrived in time etc, so no probs there..., it just doesn't have any warranty..:cry:
Let's see what they come back with...

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I think you can send it back to Nokia Hong Kong for warranty repairs. It's a hassle, takes a long time and costs money, but it can be done.

robinperrett

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the UK and I bought a Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black) through a company on E-bay. The 'phablet' was bought unlocked. It stated in the ad 'Nokia Lumia 1520 now in the UK'. It was delivered very fast from a UK town, and it never entered my mind that it wasn't covered with a guarantee. Because on my box in the top right corner it also is printed: CV HK. Surely if it's registered with Nokia (which it is) it should be covered by warranty, regardless of where it's originally from? All these phones are made in China and originally shipped from there.
To identify where the phone is from: Go to "settings", "extras + info", select the "more info" and it will show the manufacture's name and a place for the Hong Kong Mobile Operator.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12