Clear influence of Surface design on Lumia 630

ininjam

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I just realized this today, but any of you noticed how the design of the Lumia 630 greatly resembles the Surface desgin, with a mixture of sharp angular edges and rounded corners? I wonder how much influence the Surface design team have had on the Nokia team since before the merger, and this kind of unified design aesthetics is going to be the way forward for Lumia devices.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think of it, it does look more like Lumia meets Surface.

A lot of people are going to mistake it for an iPhone when they look at the front, though.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Reminds me when a man asked me about my Surface Pro, He said. "IPads now has kickstands?". I laughed so hard at that. Gotta ask how's your Lumia 630 that you have?
It looks great, feels great, and works great!

I haven't found anyone who mistook this for an iPhone, but anything can happen in this world!
(That said, I'm making the software keys as cyan as possible to avoid exactly that. Windows + cyan = win!

Commander Will

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of design, do you guys know if more replacement covers are planned? I'm asking because of the colors.
I got an orange version, because frankly it looked the best in promotion pictures but the stuff I got ... well let's just say I don't have the neon fingernails color to match :D fortunately it came with a replacement black cover, so I'm using that for the moment. However, I would not mind having a colorful phone ... just not neon.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think so, especially if it sells well.

Seriously, though. This phone is selling like hotcakes, so I'm counting on extra backplates/shells for the 630.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720