Lumia 720 Camera focus not working after Win8.1 Update!

Mayuresh Kharwade

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Recently I updated My Lumia 720 to Win8.1.:wink: Everything works fine expect the Focus of the camera. The phone is not able to focus on anything. Pics taken are very blurry. For the obvious reasons as stated above. And it is not able to focus on any object place in front of it. I have tried soft reset(By holding power and volume Down key together for 10-15 seconds until the phone vibrates) I have done hard reset( By going to settings>About>Resent your phone). As well as done a camera reset with no luck .:cry: Then I tried flashing it back to Win8 using the NSU. The outcome was the same, after flashing it back to win 8 Nothing changed! And even after that I have performed a soft reset and a camera reset. Did whatever I could. I am not able to use the camera of the phone properly. Guys Please help me out!:unhappysweat:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
if all of the above does not solve the issues , camera module must be faulty :cry: Try contacting the nearest nokia care centre for more assistance :smile:

Mayuresh Kharwade

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.. :) I got my Lumia back 10 days ago after a long 20 days await. Its key panel was working abruptly. Got that issue twice. Now this! I have to send my cell to Mumbai again for more 15 days!:angry:

Mayuresh Kharwade

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
One question guys. When we reset camera settings does it asks for confirmation? I mean something like "Do you really want to reset your camera?". If it does then my Cell is not showing anything like that. I can just press the reset button. And it does nothing!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
One question guys. When we reset camera settings does it asks for confirmation? I mean something like "Do you really want to reset your camera?". If it does then my Cell is not showing anything like that. I can just press the reset button. And it does nothing!
Nope...when resetting the camera, no confirmation message pops up

Jatin_Lumia720

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I am facing the same issue,

Got my Lumia 720 updated to 8.1 & after that it screwed my camera quality, I guess its not focussing, producing blurry, grainy images. I did reset my phone but nogo.

I took it to Nokia Care they did some thing & it started working fine after 1-2 days same issue, I am planning to take it back to them.

Any updates on your phone..??

Jatin

ludecoli

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Please, keep us updated. I am having the same issue. This is terrible. If I don't have a fix for that I'll probably will leave Lumia phones.
The camera was the most loved thing in the phone for me and then, after a dumb firmware update it looks like ****.

I really want to know if this is a hardware or software problem.

camo8723

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem! It's very disappointing how MS screw so bad with one of the main characteristics of the Lumia series. Also is more disappointing to see 0 answers from MS related to this problem. I had the hope if I flash the phone the camera would be back to normal but after reading that someone has already done that I prefer to wait and start saving money to buy an Iphone or Android.

I feel that MS will only cares about the top series. At least I can seen that someone with an Iphone 4 still can run Ios 8. not as fast as wit a 5's o 6 but still can run their apps. I know every lumia can run 8.1 and they plan to keep that approach with Windows 10 but they need to pay attention to this kind of details. Not to mention that almost every app exclusively from MS is available on other devices.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I did the cyan update to my wife's T-mo 925 and it's flash worked right away. So I searched the blogs some more and found a post where someone was recommending pressing the back cover by the LED flash before starting either the camera or a flashlight app because sometimes the LED's contacts from the back cover are not touching the finicky levered contacts from the front cover. I used a suction cup to pull the left back top corner off and then a guitar-pick like splunge tool to pry the cover off. I found one lever contact but the other missing. I made a very small ball of aluminum flash tape and placed it over the remains of the contact. After putting the cover back on, the LED flash works just fine. My apologies to the cyan software team. The real culprit here is the Nokia hardware support team to whom I sent the phone a few months prior because the headphone jack was not working properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99