Do you guys use an external battery for the 1020?

nightfeng

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, do you guys have any suggestions for external batteries, i am currently interested in the Intocircuit power castle 11200 mAh.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, do you guys have any suggestions for external batteries, i am currently interested in the Intocircuit power castle 11200 mAh.

I use this one and really rate it , mainly because it is pretty light , very slim , has a nice material to it (think htc soft touch) but the biggest one for me was the included cable that tucks away when not in use ....... this means one less cable to carry

its 5000mah so will charge the 1020 battery from flat twice which is more then enough for me ;-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elitepower-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2568354

they now do this one and it includes a cable that lets you charge it from your laptop etc , so its very versatile , 2 cables built in cant be bad ;-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/elitepower-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2568354

nightfeng

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I use this one and really rate it , mainly because it is pretty light , very slim , has a nice material to it (think htc soft touch) but the biggest one for me was the included cable that tucks away when not in use ....... this means one less cable to carry

its 5000mah so will charge the 1020 battery from flat twice which is more then enough for me ;-)

Elitepower 5000mah External Battery Pack Portable Charger Power Supply Station Emergency Backup Mobile Juice with LED Flashlight for All Smartphones Like Appl, Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Iphone 4/4s/5 and Other Mobile Devices: Amazon.co.uk: Electr

they now do this one and it includes a cable that lets you charge it from your laptop etc , so its very versatile , 2 cables built in cant be bad ;-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/elitepower-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2568359

Thanks for the suggestion :) I am probably going to get this because i want more portability since this one is actually pretty small for 6000mAh, and it's yellow! same colour as my phone!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2568359

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I use Nokia dc18 just as an emergency backup it isn't powerful enough to fully charge it though i tested it and from fully exhausted switch off state it managed to achieve 56%

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I carry this one fairly regularly:
Amazon.com: EasyAcc? 2600mAh All-in-One Power Bank with Built-in Input and Output Connectors Lipstick Sized Portable External Battery Charger for Huawei Samsung Galaxy HTC Nokia Android Smartphone Phone - White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Though I find that I mostly wind up just carrying it around so that I don't have to worry about battery as much. I often wind up not using it. It definitely charges quickly though and is great for those camera heavy days.

I also like to keep this on in my laptop bag in case I wind up staying somewhere that doesn't have an outlet or something:
Amazon.com: Sabrent 12000mAh High Capacity External Backup Battery Charger Power Bank Charger with Dual USB Port (PB-W120): Cell Phones & Accessories

Both have been great for me. 0 complaints about either.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion :) I am probably going to get this because i want more portability since this one is actually pretty small for 6000mAh, and it's yellow! same colour as my phone!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2571838

Nice one, just noticed they also got a matte black one which would fit to my black 1020. I am a bit worried though: It says it features high performance charging to recharge the battery as fast as possible. While this is a good thing, I often read such extreme charging outputs can degrade the battery quite faster than standard, slower charging. The battery gets hotter and degrades at faster rates. Even the Huawei CEO lately said in an interview he is concerned of ultra fast charging methods because it would damage the batteries.
Is this really a concern or not?

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
It depends how fast you are talking - about 2Amps or above is when you start getting into fast charging.

Generally, I charge my phone overnight with a 750mA charger. The batteries that I carry both feature 2A outputs to charge it fast, but I don't regularly use them to power the phone.

As a rule of thumb, if your phone is getting very hot (as in difficult to touch) while charging and is otherwise idle, it's probably charging too fast. It's mostly the heat that causes long-term damage. If you can keep it cool while charging quickly, you should be fine. Just don't do it too frequently.

TuanLVT

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I use Nokia dc18 just as an emergency backup it isn't powerful enough to fully charge it though i tested it and from fully exhausted switch off state it managed to achieve 56%
for me it does charge to full... if i leave it alone to charge in my pocket or on table

secher

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a DC-19 from Nokia. Its 3200 mAh, and it works really great for me. For the size its the best one I have been able to find.
Bonus: It yellow and goes great with my yellow 1020 ;)

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I use a 6000 mAh just in case I'm going somewhere, doing some photoshoot, and/or planning to use the phone heavily
other than that, my phone will usually survive through the day

ishredthecello

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the GMP10K, which works really well. It's 11,000 mAh, its got dual ports. The two ports are different, one is 5V1A Output and the other is 5V2.1A Output. So you can choose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720