[L1320] Overheating\battery problems?

saif maknojia

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
i m new here,my nokia lumia 1320(windows 8 havnt updated even once) phones heats up near the camera area bougth this phone for battery life but the battery life sucks when i use 2g cellular data battery drains quickly phone heats up without playing games or anything if i use web browser still it gets heats up,so i tried wifi but still same problem occurs will updating the phone solve dis issue or i shuld try to go to authorised nokia service centre??

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1520 with a great battery life of at least 2 days.
The Phone gets warm when i make lots of photo's, but never hot.
I suggest you complain at Nokia Care.

saif maknojia

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
i complained to nokia care they sad its normal without inspecting, they just checked my battery and said battery is perfect

and regarding heating issue they said its becuase of processor and majority lumia phone gets heated and wont get replacement or any service for it

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 1320 gets heated only when I play games or if I'm charging the battery. Otherwise it doesn't get heated. If I play games then the battery lasts me for 36 hours and if I don't play games then 48 hrs (Data connection/Wifi is on 24/7, double tap wake up is on and there are several background tasks).

apoorvjoshi

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
even i am facing the same prob with my lumia 1320.. even a moderate use of 3-4 min will make the phn heat up from above region (ear piece and camera). Care ppl say that it is bcoz of the processor situated in that region. I have also complaint the same to nokia customer care, reply is awaited. lets c.

Broadbandrocks

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I was on the 8.1 dev preview and after more than a few mins on my fone it would heat up...
Went back to 8 and now no problems no matter how long i use it...
Also 1320...

apoorvjoshi

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
lucky u.. even m using 8 and still facing the heating problem.. CC guy said me to go for a proper company made micro sim card instead of what i am using at present (normal sim cut to micro).
will update if any change after that.. Fingers crossed.. ;)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think it may be due to two reasons:
1) you have a poor network coverage
2) your Microsoft account is stuck on constant sync. If you've paired your Twitter/LinkedIn or Facebook via email+accounts on WP8 (NOT 8.1) - then unpair it, re-sync Microsoft account

My 1320 on WP8.1 lasted about 28-30 hours. On WP8 it lasts easy 46-50+ hours. I downgraded 2 days ago, installed all apps on WiFi and since then am using 3G, everything running in background, glance and double tap on - its nearly end of 2nd day and I still have more than 46% remaining.

Only difference between us may be network coverage and that I haven't played or installed a single game on this phone after downgrading to WP8 yet. It has never got hot for me, ever - neither on WP8.1 or WP8.

Any Lumia will get warm/hot near camera if you play games or if you use internet when phone is connected to charger.

I Post Sometimes

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys, I'm facing the same problem of heating abnormally and it switches off.
I sent my phone 3 times at Nokia Care and they always said we cannot replicate the problem I mentioned! So I've done a quick video:

Nokia Lumia 1320. Angry Customer demonstrating manufacturing defect to Nokia Care Technician - YouTube

In This video the phone switches off 4 Times in 6 minutes after Overheating!!

1st Time 3:40 it was 4.32pm
2nd Time 5:10 it was 4.34pm
3rd Time 6:53 it was 4.36pm
4th Time 8:22 it was 4.38pm

You can see the timer on the phone's screen.
It was 4.22pm when I started the test and It finished at 4.38pm

Links about Other Nokia 1320 Customers handset fault:

Problem with my new Lumia 1320 - Nokia Support Discussions

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1320/287317-heating-battery-problem-lumia-1320-a.html

Hi All,
I bought my Nokia Phone the 06/06/2014.
After being sent 3 times at the Nokia Care and more than 1 month without it, my device present the same issues:

***It is Warming up abnormally when using App / Calling / On Charge after approximately 15mn.

***Shutting off when device is warm + using App or calling.

This situation is no more acceptable and I don't want anymore this defective device!

I am not happy and completely annoyed about that!

I'm actually paying for a device I don't have / I don't use from the first day I had it ( 6 June 2014 )

I ask to Nokia, simply and clearly for a device replacement!
I think I have been patient, now it is enough!

I will thank you when my device will be working!
For the moment I feel robed!

apoorvjoshi

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
@Rockstarzzz
your both reasons sounds pretty correct to me as far as battery life is concerned.
First, network coverage fluctuates between H and E at my place..
and regarding sync, yes i have linked up my Microsoft with fb, twitter and linkedin..

But than what should i do to access these social network.? Official fb app for Windows sucks. :/

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
@Rockstarzzz
your both reasons sounds pretty correct to me as far as battery life is concerned.
First, network coverage fluctuates between H and E at my place..
and regarding sync, yes i have linked up my Microsoft with fb, twitter and linkedin..

But than what should i do to access these social network.? Official fb app for Windows sucks. :/

Now that you've got official Cyan rolled out for 1320, I would suggest upgrading to Cyan. Then installed Facebook Beta - just hit the search button on the phone and search for facebook beta, you will get a link to WP Store. Get that app. It will sync into your social hubs. Use Twitter and LinkedIn apps separately for now on WP8.1 but with forthcoming updates, both of these apps should again hook back into your People Hub as well as photos just like Facebook Beta. That's the solution I have on my 1320 Cyan.

Neha Prathama

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I bought this lumia 1320 on 10/05/2014. Liked it, not much tough. I used it without any major problem till I updated to 8.1. Now my phone gets overheated only when I restart it and I have do it because suddenly some applications stops to function properly and asks for a restart.

Then the real problem starts. When I restart it, it gets over heated that I can't touch it any more and shuts itself down(not properly). I mean when someone calls at that time they can think that my phone is ringing but am not picking it up which is not the case. And even if am successful to restart it again, the issue repeats untill the whole battery is drained(and u cant touch the phone during that time.) After the full discharge when charged again (after switching it on and the heating remains till the it becomes fully charged) the phone cools of gradually and works normally after that, till the next restart of course.

When I asked in the Nokia Care, they said the 8.1 update is not done properly and reinstallation of the software will solve the issue. Not sure what to do. Please suggest.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I bought this lumia 1320 on 10/05/2014. Liked it, not much tough. I used it without any major problem till I updated to 8.1. Now my phone gets overheated only when I restart it and I have do it because suddenly some applications stops to function properly and asks for a restart.

Then the real problem starts. When I restart it, it gets over heated that I can't touch it any more and shuts itself down(not properly). I mean when someone calls at that time they can think that my phone is ringing but am not picking it up which is not the case. And even if am successful to restart it again, the issue repeats untill the whole battery is drained(and u cant touch the phone during that time.) After the full discharge when charged again (after switching it on and the heating remains till the it becomes fully charged) the phone cools of gradually and works normally after that, till the next restart of course.

When I asked in the Nokia Care, they said the 8.1 update is not done properly and reinstallation of the software will solve the issue. Not sure what to do. Please suggest.

Looks like something sstuck in the background.. Using the processor ..
Create a vbackup and do a hard reset.. I guess that should do it ..
Are you rrunning wp8.1 dp ?

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

It's completely normal to face huge battery drain or your device get hot or even very hot too ..
The developer preview is not compatible with the current optimized version of the firmware..
If you downgrade to wp8.1 Cyan only .. You wont notice any heat or battery drain at all ..
For me the battery last 4 days easily .. Playing asphalt 8 never gets my device heat at all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo