Battery barely lasts 9 hours...

Anidexlu Maga

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's normal. I got the phone less than a month ago. It's running 8.1 since the day I got it. I've tried turning off Cortana, sync settings, WiFi sense, email sync settings, location, Bluetooth, background tasks, etc...

Any ideas? 😣

By the way, the same happened with my 620 (it lasted even less..).

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Your phone does not have nokia firmware update for windows phone 8.1 i.e Lumia cyan update which should improve the performance and battery life. remember this is still a OS preview (battery drain , bugs are expected from this release )

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You could try a hard reset, which does some stuff to clear up the issues.

But eh, my 920 still doesn't last as long, its tolerable though. It was pretty bad at first, a hard reset helped somewhat.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
do a soft reset (hold power button pull down to turn off)
updates will lock location settings for some apps.
If that doesn't work turn off battery saver and let the OS manage the radios and see if it helps.

You should not have 8.1 on a stock phone, so you can try to image to stock and see if whom ever you got it from has it messed up.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
That's about what I'm getting maybe more or less 6-7 hours. Nokia should use bigger batteries more along the lines of 2600 nah and up

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
That's about what I'm getting maybe more or less 6-7 hours. Nokia should use bigger batteries more along the lines of 2600 nah and up

sorry but i disagree most people i speak to find the battery in their nokias surpass any other phone they have had previously and its pretty well know fact 8.1 cuts battery life but 30-50% but im hoping it will get better once the Official 8.1 public version is released

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
sorry but i disagree most people i speak to find the battery in their nokias surpass any other phone they have had previously and its pretty well know fact 8.1 cuts battery life but 30-50% but im hoping it will get better once the Official 8.1 public version is released

Even before 8.1 I was barely getting 5 hours with moderate use and 3-4 hours of streaming music with Bluetooth I have friends with note 3s that get over a days usage. And the 1520 gets roughly 2 days from alot of posts I've read. I never had long battery life with the 928 unless I barely use the police and cut off data, location, nfc, and Bluetooth but I shouldn't have to do all that

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
you are talking about phablets, 1520 and note 3, these phones normally last twice as much as a normal sized phone, all you can expect your 928 to last is 5-6 hours of heavy use, 15h moderately, and day and half with light use

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I plug my phone in with 60% battery at 10:30 PM at night, 30-40 texts, 100+ emails from 5 email accounts, a few phone calls, light facebook and a few bathroom games. If I try to stream an hour of music and play games and do mapping for 45 minutes, the battery doesn't last. I would consider the second scenario "heavy" usage.

sicnus

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
How about brightness? I noticed a huge difference when I switched to auto on brightness. It dims when its dark & brightens in light - which only marginally improves viewing in the bright sunlight. Anyway, when I switched to auto I doubled my battery life
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers