Is 8.1 available for the at&t 1520?

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
This may be a dumb question but I haven't had a WP for a few months so I'm kinda out of the loop. I will be receiving a 1520 this week and I'm wondering if 8.1 is available for the at&t 1520.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
re: Is 8.1 is available for the at&t 1520?

This may be a dumb question but I haven't had a WP for a few months so I'm kinda out of the loop. I will be receiving a 1520 this week and I'm wondering if 8.1 is available for the at&t 1520.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
An official update for the wp8.1 update code named Lumia cyan is not out. You can use the WP 8.1 preview for developers update . It might void your warranty

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm waiting on the full att OS. The dev preview is a partial. It doesn't include any if the carrier portion.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm waiting on the full att OS. The dev preview is a partial. It doesn't include any if the carrier portion.

There is no such thing. There are only the OS and the OEM bits. The few settings OEMs configure on the carrier's behalf is completely irrelevant in terms of hardware/software reliability.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The dev preview does not include the carrier firmware. The package update which contains MS portion of 8.1 and the carrier approved firmware from Nokia may be rolled out as early as sometime later this month.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is 8.1 is available for the at&t 1520?

There is no such thing. There are only the OS and the OEM bits. The few settings OEMs configure on the carrier's behalf is completely irrelevant in terms of hardware/software reliability.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is 8.1 is available for the at&t 1520?

What "carrier portion" are you referring to? I have been using the developer preview for weeks and my phone works fine on at&t. I'm not sure what you are expecting to happen with the official release. Whatever carrier specific software you are waiting for is assuredly the least relevant portion of the updated.

All the at&t apps that come with the phone are reinstalled after updated. I just backed up my phone prior to installing the developer preview and after the update all the old apps were reinstalled.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The package update which contains MS portion of 8.1 and the carrier approved firmware from Nokia may be rolled out as early as sometime later this month.

Carriers approve the entire package. They make no distinction between firmware and the OS. They contribute to neither, they only test and approve it.

I'm
waiting on the full att OS. The dev preview is a partial. It doesn't include any if the carrier portion.

Like I said, there is no such thing as a 'carrier portion'. I don't know where this misconception is coming from, but it's widespread apparently.

What carriers might provide are a few apps which are downloaded from the store during initial setup. Those apps aren't even shipped with the OS however, nor are they relevant in terms of stability.

For each of their customers (the carriers), OEMs will add unique configurational info to their firmware, but that you already have in the 8.0 firmware that is on your device. That won't change with the official update.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720