Lumia 720 Dead!!

VishKi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a dead Lumia 720. Is there any way on reviving it. I was riding my way back home, it as raining heavily & i had kept my phone inside my bag. After I reached home i checked my phone & it was dead. I removed the SIM & Mem Card tray to find water inside (saw water in camera flash & the sensor available in the front). I went to Nokia Care center the next day & he told me that the motherboard is gone & they wont be able to do anything with it.

Is there any possibility of replacing the Motherboard?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a dead Lumia 720. Is there any way on reviving it. I was riding my way back home, it as raining heavily & i had kept my phone inside my bag. After I reached home i checked my phone & it was dead. I removed the SIM & Mem Card tray to find water inside (saw water in camera flash & the sensor available in the front). I went to Nokia Care center the next day & he told me that the motherboard is gone & they wont be able to do anything with it.

i have not experienced such thing with 720, but with my old Lumia 800, i had some issues. when i inquired about the costing of parts replacement, i realized that i should buy a new phone. i will suggest u the same. motherboard prices ranges so high, that with few extra bucks (or may be not needed) u will be able to buy a NL 520 or 525.

i had broken my inner display (outer gorilla glass unharmed), and my friend had damaged motherboard (power connector on motherboard, damaged by his 2 year old kid.)
prices were like so high, what i did was, got my friend's dead phone, got the display replaced to my phone, and now having one working phone.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

try this- remove the sim,sd card etc and keep the phone in a bag of rice,might kickstart it in 2-3 days

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb