1520 AT&T QI charging

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
So I got bored and tried something it was cheap so hey what the heck give it a shot.

I already had the Nokia Qi chargers when I switched to the 1520

I was able to add Qi charging to the Nokia 1520 (without looking like crap) for $30

I picked up the qi charger Amazon.com: Masione™ Universal Qi Enabled Wireless Charging Receiver film for micro-USB of All Android Mobile (middle/narrow-Interface Down): Cell Phones & Accessories

and case Amazon.com: Incipio Feather Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

works great with the Nokia flat charger Amazon.com: Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

for the stand up charger Amazon.com: Nokia DT910 Wireless Charging Stand - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
The qi didn't line up with its default length, I folded the cable making it about 1/4 in shorter and it worked great.

now this option of course takes up the usb port, which honestly a rarely use, my main use prior had been for moving music to my phone.

I have gotten away from doing this by using the app called Music Drop Music Drop | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
This app allows you to drag and drop mp3s to a web site you browse to on your computer. So far works great for me. so no mods done to the phone and warranty is still intact. I hope this helps people, who were like me looking for a way to actually get qi charging on a AT&T 1520 with out modding the heck out of it. I will post pictures later if people are curious just hard to take pictures of my phone, when my phone is my main camera :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans