Sim Card problems

Odilla123

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I just bought myself a Nokia Lumia 1020, but when i put my SIM-card in it says that its an invalid or no Sim-card there!
What should i do??

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
may sound obvious but...
card facing the correct way?
what carrier was it purchased from and you plugging in a sim from the same carrier or is the phone unlocked and using a different carrier than it was purchased on?
did you pick up the phone from a store or other 3rd party?
what version of WP? 8 or 8.1?

Odilla123

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
may sound obvious but...
card facing the correct way?
what carrier was it purchased from and you plugging in a sim from the same carrier or is the phone unlocked and using a different carrier than it was purchased on?
did you pick up the phone from a store or other 3rd party?
what version of WP? 8 or 8.1?

I dont think it can be faced any other way because of the little "crack" in the corner.. I went to a shop and bought it, but they were out of them so i had to wait one week to come pick it up. Im using the same carrier that was with the phone. (if you are talking about the thing im putting the SIM-card in)
I have no idea how to see what version of WP i have either.. :p

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I had that problem with lumia 1320 i was just bought it , and insert shows that problem
i just had to clean the sim card with paper !! i know it's weird but it got it work

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I find it quite easy to put micro sim in the sim holder but a little fiddly Getting it out the holder.

Only time when ive had my lumia not detect the micro sim is if use a micro sim thats been cutdown from a full size simcard, sim seemed a little warped along one edge as if the cutters due was damaged.

@pw if youve followed this youtube guide youve inserted it correctly in-which case id be contact the store to rectify it asap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss