920 goes into airplane mode and black screen after unlock?

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I did not drop the phone. As a matter of fact, I used it to check email today. The last thing that I did was read a powerpoint presentation that was sent to over night. I then placed it back on the charger and went about my business.

I then needed my phone for a phone call, picked it up, put in my pin code, and it starts up with the Airplane mode icon on the far LEFT corner of the screen and show the time as being 1 hr off and PM versus AM.

I tried pressing and holding the volume down key and power key at the same time. It reboots, gives me my lock screen. I then put in my PIN again, and the same thing happens again.

I also tried a 3 finger reset volume down, power and camera and the same thing happened

WTH is happening?

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Toggle air plane mode on and off, toggle battery saver off if its on, let the battery drain completely, check to see if your region has been changed, and if nothing else do a reset.

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
All those items would require that I can actually get to the start screen, which I cannot.

I am trying to get the battery to drain, but the phone turns itself off and does not wake up with the power button.

I do not believe this is software issue.

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Ahh yeah, sorry. I read your post and somehow disregarded the title. If you have access to a PC, download and install Nokia Recovery tool. There will be an option for unresponsive phone. It will wipe your phone and restore it. If that's not an option or doesn't work then you'll have to replace, exchange, or repair it. Unless somebody else has a solution. That's all I can think of. Best of luck.

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
@deansmilk

WOW!! The Nokia Software Recovery Tool 1.4.1 worked -- I am totally floored!!!!!!!!!

My phone is working again!

I have no idea what caused the problem. The last thing I did was open a Power Point document and then sometime after that my phone stopped working. The recovery tool took a bit of time to work. It has take some time to download all my apps and install all the phone updates -- but WOW! It freakn worked!

The only trick to using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool for me was to start the software first, then while my phone was rebooting connect the phone. After that pretty much everything was automatic

Thanks for the help -- I am still shocked I have my phone working again!

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice, I'm glad it worked. Try keeping battery saver off and deplete the battery. Do a full charge and keep battery saver off afterwards. See how that works for awhile.

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there a problem with the battery saver?

Maybe not in your case. For me ppersonally I have seen better battery performance on top of over all improvements. I've been having issues with my phone as well. So after using the recovery tool and switching the battery toggle, its been great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss