Who has had success unlocking T-Mobile USA 925 without going via T-mobile?

Marcus_1

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to get a T-Mobile USA Lumia 925 unlocked without going through T-mobile.

There are a lot of half answered posts on the forum with quite a bit of thread wander. If you have successfully unlocked your US T-mobile 925 without going through T-Mobile please could you list which company you used along with how long it took.

Hopefully this thread will be useful for quite a few people.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus_1

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Do you have an activated T-mobile sim in your phone? (just following up on another post I came across which states you need to have one in the phone before cell unlocker can get you an unlock code... I've no idea if it is true)

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
No, no and nope... I tried 5 different unlock sites, all of which took anything from $5.99 up to $79.99 to unlock it. None of them were able to get the code from T-Mo. I finally threw in the towel and signed up for the Simple Starter plan for $40 just to get in the system. In 10 more days, I can unlock phone #1 and in another 40 days (80 total) I can do a second. Not to bad of deal if you ask me. $80 for two unlocks and service?

mfpreach

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Do you have an activated T-mobile sim in your phone? (just following up on another post I came across which states you need to have one in the phone before cell unlocker can get you an unlock code... I've no idea if it is true)

Yes, I do have an active tmo sim card in it.

mfpreach

May 25, 2014
Visit site
No, no and nope... I tried 5 different unlock sites, all of which took anything from $5.99 up to $79.99 to unlock it. None of them were able to get the code from T-Mo. I finally threw in the towel and signed up for the Simple Starter plan for $40 just to get in the system. In 10 more days, I can unlock phone #1 and in another 40 days (80 total) I can do a second. Not to bad of deal if you ask me. $80 for two unlocks and service?

I'm on prepaid so I'll have to top my account up with $100:-\

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
This is what i did, I bought an unlocked one with screen broken and then replaced the motherboard... And the other motherboard in still waiting from cellunlocker the code!

mfpreach

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Called t-mobile again, told them I'm travelling and they're sending me the code gratis. I can't believe I didn't try that sooner.

Bear in mind my prepaid account is six years old.

Now to see about getting a refund from cellunlocker!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yep, that Simple Choice plan is by far the cheapest way to unlock that I have found. The good news is that you can top off with a $100 refill and unlock - then just use it up...

mfpreach

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yep, that Simple Choice plan is by far the cheapest way to unlock that I have found. The good news is that you can top off with a $100 refill and unlock - then just use it up...

Yeah, i'm still waiting for cellunlocker to refund me or deliver the goods. I have threatened them with a dispute on my credit card so we'll see. I can't use the simple choice plan since I'm in Canada (or at least, it makes more sense for me to top up my account) but I use my PPD account from time-to-time which is why topping up with a $100 is not the worst thing in the world, but a little bit of overkill since I don't go down as much as I used to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium