1520 ... Why and how?

bushwhacked

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I went to the att store today to see it in person and it was a beast!!

I see the battery life is amazing which I love ... But how is it talking on it? It is so dang big though I think I would feel like a d-bag or a hipster actually using it in public .... Maybe I am wrong but I think it is a tablet with cell service.

Is it something I could get used to? Which pocket does it fit in? Hoe big is it once you put a case on it?

Now I have had 5" phones before and like it very much. I am just not sure about another inch or so. The Lumia 520 is taking some getting use to because it is only 4" and pretty small for my fingers.

Thoughts? Talk me into buying one maybe?
Sent from my lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've never had a single issue talking on mine. It's big but as a big guy it fits in all my pockets just fine and that's with an otterbox like case on it. At first I felt it was huge but after a while you get used to it and think all other phones are too small.

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, it seems to be big, for people who don't own one.
I don't feel like its big, i just feel like other phoness are small compared to my 1520.
The Phone fits perfectly in my pockets, but i have to say i do not wear skinny jeans.
The way it looks when you are on the Phone doesn't matter to me because i don't have to look at it, i suppose it doesn't look half as stupid as people making pictures with an Ipad and also not half as silly as the same kind of people making pictures with an ipad with a sleeve dangling under it.
That, my dear friend looks amazingly stupid.

And for the rest, the 1520 has this amazing camera segment which blows everything the other manufacturers make out of the water, its designed and looks as if it was made out of one solid piece of marble, and it keeps working as smooth as silk no matter how much apps you download.
And to keep the best for last, it looks so damn good everybody that sees it is in aw, and it keeps getting better, even the battery life that is already far better than the competition keeps getting improvements.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was big at first. But soon got use to it. I can put it in any pocket, but sometimes too heavy for the shirt pocket. I use to own the Note 2 and sold it because I thought it was too big, but for some reason, I don't have that feeling with the 1520. I have 2 of them, will be selling one soon..

bushwhacked

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure I'll get used to the size over time... I just spent so much time making fun of the iPad picture takers that I don't. Want to be one of them now haha

I am excited about the great camera on it though ... No need to take my big camera most places.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought that my Note was as big as I would be able to use but after going from my 925 to the 1520 it took only a matter of days until I found the 925 too small. For me the 1520 is perfect size for me and I find it easier to use than the three Note's I had.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
It may be larger than most phones but I don't see it as a tablet. My iPad Mini is quite a bit bigger. I can put my 1520 in all my pants front pockets although and most will fully cover it but on occasion it may stick out a little. As for using it, it's a little wide to hold with 1 hand but not too bad. The screen is beautiful and browsing full web pages is much more tolerable than on my old 920. Also it's large enough to occasionally use Remote Desktop to my computer. Given a choice, I would prefer something slightly smaller, only because I have to stretch my hand a little to hold it with 1 hand, maybe 5 1/2 inches or so would be prefect and if the 5 inch Icon or 930 was available for AT&T I might have bought that instead but on an overall basis I'm happy with the 1520.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
It takes some getting used to but in time you will.

I don't carry it in my pocket,even with my glass screen protector on it.

Anytime you go to this large of screen,you will have to re-accustom yourself to it.

I wear mine in Insipio NFG case inside a PDair horizontal leather belt case,and it does take a lot of bumps where I work.

You'll find texting is definitely a 2 hand proposition so get a top quality Bluetooth headset and accustom yourself to using voice to text,it makes things easier for you.

Other than having those with smaller phones around you sayin. " why you carrying a big screen tv around" you'll find that folks want to see how it looks.

It's a very nice phone,very high quality,so protect it well.

Mac

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
fits in my pockets fine, I actually like talking on it better then small phones. My main reason for picking it up comparing it to the 1040 was this
quad core
1080p
memory card.

and I was sold the memory card is an amazing option, the quad core also makes it so much faster (aka more future proof)

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hate me for this, but the S3 is too small, I honestly can't go smaller. What's seen can't be unseen, just using an s3 is tiny!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It takes some getting used to but in time you will.

I don't carry it in my pocket,even with my glass screen protector on it.

Anytime you go to this large of screen,you will have to re-accustom yourself to it.

I wear mine in Insipio NFG case inside a PDair horizontal leather belt case,and it does take a lot of bumps where I work.

You'll find texting is definitely a 2 hand proposition so get a top quality Bluetooth headset and accustom yourself to using voice to text,it makes things easier for you.

Other than having those with smaller phones around you sayin. " why you carrying a big screen tv around" you'll find that folks want to see how it looks.

It's a very nice phone,very high quality,so protect it well.

Mac
What screen protector do you have?

bushwhacked

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the opinions guys ....

Yes the 1080p is going to be awesome and I've always love the SD slots in android and MPs it helps a lot to be able to buy a cheaper phone with smaller storage space then update a lot cheaper with SD card.

I figure as big as it is I will have to text with 2 hands ... Never thought about Bluetooth to text.

I bet browsing looks awesome with the massive screen.

Glad I will be able to fit it in my pockets.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the opinions guys ....

Yes the 1080p is going to be awesome and I've always love the SD slots in android and MPs it helps a lot to be able to buy a cheaper phone with smaller storage space then update a lot cheaper with SD card.

I figure as big as it is I will have to text with 2 hands ... Never thought about Bluetooth to text.

I bet browsing looks awesome with the massive screen.

Glad I will be able to fit it in my pockets.
Yep. Plus the 1520 will accept up to 128gb SD card. Which is enough to last for anyone.

Trench Mouth

Banned
Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I went to the att store today to see it in person and it was a beast!!

I see the battery life is amazing which I love ... But how is it talking on it? It is so dang big though I think I would feel like a d-bag or a hipster actually using it in public .... Maybe I am wrong but I think it is a tablet with cell service.

Is it something I could get used to? Which pocket does it fit in? Hoe big is it once you put a case on it?

Now I have had 5" phones before and like it very much. I am just not sure about another inch or so. The Lumia 520 is taking some getting use to because it is only 4" and pretty small for my fingers.

Thoughts? Talk me into buying one maybe?

Sent from my lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Just get the Sony SBh52 Bluetooth. It works like a small phone in your hand. You hold the Bluetooth to your head ( or use headphones with the Bluetooth) and talk leaving the phone in your pocket. That's what I do. You do what you feel comfortable with.

The size is not too big, until you hold it next to someone else's, which I did for the first time in a while. Even I was surprised, but didn't say anything, nor did they. I was showing them 8.1.

Anyway, out of a case, it is thin, really thin. Small side bezels. I can hardly use a small phone now. And, everything everyone else said.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)