Not so good camera

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I actually bought the phone few days back and went straight into WP 8.1

However only today I played with the camera and it seems quite grainy/yellowy indoors, despite hearing raving reviews. It maybe just due to indoor environment I'll test it out soon outside and also upload some shots!

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Also remember that your display color can be changed. I've always noticed that showing my 1520s pictures on my tv looks way better than on the phone. Especially, the colors.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed while shooting video, when I zoom its shaky as hell, as if ios is not working

Thats a normal effect of zooming in and happens on every camcorder in the world. Slight movements translate to much more important movements the more you zoom.

air2liquid

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It does have optical image stabilization. When you zoom in while shooting video you are exaggerating everything about the image, including the movement of your hand. OIS doesn't make it perfect, it makes it much better, but it's still not completely shake-free.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It does have optical image stabilization. When you zoom in while shooting video you are exaggerating everything about the image, including the movement of your hand. OIS doesn't make it perfect, it makes it much better, but it's still not completely shake-free.

No, something else is going on. When I open one of my camera apps, and the rear facing camera starts to focus, it shakes back and forth, even if I rest it on a level surface, shakes so much that it makes an audible, kind of scratchy sound.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

My 1520, when not zoomed in at all, gently goes back and forth & up and down even though I'm trying to keep it as still as I can (no noises or movement on a flat surface though). I know the OIS isn't perfect, but shouldn't it at least be better than that, especially when zoomed all the way out?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750