Those with battery issues read this please!

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone I've noticed of what could possibly be a bug,

Basically look at your phone usage under battery saver (native app) and notice the big guzzlers.
Then do a soft reset which is done by holding power button and volume down key, hold until the Nokia logo returns.

Now the phone has restarted DO NOT I repeat do not go into music, photos or camera for the time being. Then adjust the time correctly and look under usage under battery saver, you should see its completely blank, use your phone as normal, no camera, music etc and then check again with the battery saver about usage, from what I've seen its really low usage.

Now open up camera, or an app such as 9snap, use it for a few minutes. Now check the usage again, you may perhaps notice a large amount of apps becoming active and will remain active.

However I want to know if this happens to others? As it sure as bell does to me!

Thank you

UPDATE: After toying around with my phone battery life has become fairly stable, as suggested by others, it seems like several soft resets should help but more importantly turn off the phones native battery saver, it does nothing but guzzle the battery (Thanks to Pankaj981) . And if you want a battery app download Windows Insider (Thank you to the person who told me about this, sorry for forgetting who you are :angel:)

Last edited:

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi 🙋 I tried exactly what you said this afternoon 🕑 (I am Australia) but the issue you described didn't happen on my phone 📞. I have a Nokia Lumia 925.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a 1520, performed the soft reset, read some email, checked my Amazon order, then finally opened pictures. Still have NO usage on Battery Saver, then looked again & have some usage on unrelated apps (probably the update timing). Did NOT know that would reset Battery Saver, thanx for that.

The very strange thing I noticed (& I've been saying this all along) is my Battery % went from 91% before soft reset to 99% after soft reset - without benefit of a charge. All along I questioned the Battery drain issues, as either Battery drain or the metric for measuring same being messed up. It appears the latter may be true (to some extent), this is not the first time my battery measurement has gone UP w/o a charge.

Waiting for Lumia Cyan to straighten this out. Last I checked (while typing this) it leveled off @ 96% w NO usage (or Background apps). Some of the battery drain referenced was the metric being off, suggest a soft reset when battery appears to be wacky. :grin::cool::shocked::confused:

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Must be a bug as my battery left overnight remained at 42% and looked this morning was at 40% with WiFi and 4g left on, however I've been playing around with the phone with medium usage now the battery is at 20% and I like how battery saver can conserve so much and thinking of activating it all the time with allowing certain apps to run. Anyone else tried it, but really need others to test this out, so far its looking like a bug,

Hopefully Microsoft can pick this up.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Must be a bug as my battery left overnight remained at 42% and looked this morning was at 40% with WiFi and 4g left on, however I've been playing around with the phone with medium usage now the battery is at 20% and I like how battery saver can conserve so much and thinking of activating it all the time with allowing certain apps to run. Anyone else tried it, but really need others to test this out, so far its looking like a bug,

Suggest you soft reset your phone, then check battery level - mine seems to lose 5% within half hour of switching out of airplane mode & unplugging the charger (in the morning), then levels out. I have seen on various occasions, the battery gain juice w/o being charged - which is why I suggest the meter may be calculating / displaying the incorrect charge percentage

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just an update,

I decided to let the battery reach about 12% then put it on charge, after 30 minutes the battery meter shows its at 48%, however I decided to soft reset whilst on charge, the phone turns back on with 68% charge, but the phone became extremely hot. This is either a bug or a hardware issue, would like to know if others suffer the same issue?

I haven't got cortana as I am in the UK

Aryan Salooja

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I did the same things as you told.... But something else happened... I saw that after the soft reset my Lumia 520's battery degraded from 28% to 18%.... Then I thought of switching off the battery saver... I switched it off but it was showing the logo on the battery bar... Hoping that everything is fine with my phone...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Turn off battery saver and disable it running in the background, it won't update the live tile but you'll definitely get a better battery life

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I did the same things as you told.... But something else happened... I saw that after the soft reset my Lumia 520's battery degraded from 28% to 18%.... Then I thought of switching off the battery saver... I switched it off but it was showing the logo on the battery bar... Hoping that everything is fine with my phone...

Are you using 8.1?

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Update, I turned battery saver off. Phone took about 2 hours to get to 99% and the last 20 mins it has remained there at 99%, waiting till it hits 100% before I unplug it!

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Turn off battery saver and disable it running in the background, it won't update the live tile but you'll definitely get a better battery life

You are absolutely right, my discharge rate using insider pro has shown its gone from the normal 5.65% to 1.4% per hour.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6