Uninstalling apps that will not uninstall

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to uninstall apps the do not offer that option? Like Xbox games. I "never" play games and do not or never will have an Xbox and I do not want that app on my phone but the "uninstall" option is not present, so again, Is there any way to remove it?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Sadly you can not remove these apps. Its a pre-installed app which user can not delete (OS level ), but you can turn of games services by going into phone settings/swipe to applications/turn of show game notifications/sync game requests/connect with xbox.

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It may or may not work but you could try the "date trick".

Set your date manually to 100 years into the future. Go to the apps list and tap the app you want to uninstall.

Be warned, I haven't tried this with the apps you want to remove so have no idea what it will do to your phone.

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Himanshu,
On my 1520 with Win 8.1 in Applications there is no listing for games, so I am unable to find what you mentioned (show game notifications/sync game requests/connect with xbox).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Himanshu,
On my 1520 with Win 8.1 in Applications there is no listing for games, so I am unable to find what you mentioned (show game notifications/sync game requests/connect with xbox).

that option vanished in 8.1.
So the most you can do for these built in apps is unpin anything you don't use if it happens to be on the start screen and try to ignore the listing in the app list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo