Noisy Low Light Video

DonJulio312

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I had my Nokia Lumia 920 since November 2012. I love using my phone to record edm festivals and shows. The greatest thing about this phone was its ability to record low light video with minimal noise. It was not until this past year till I saw a progression of bad quality on low light situations. However recording day videos had stayed great since I got the phone. I noticed on the forum that even the new Lumia 1520 has looked grainy videos in low light situations. I wonder if all the updates that has been done to the camera app since 2012, has it change how the camera process low light videos? Is there anyway to go back to when it was good? lol

For example,

This is at night, EDC Chicago May 2013

Kaskade at Navy Pier Oct. 2013

Krewella at The Mid Nov. 2013

Deed Dish at The Mid Feb 2014

Mysteryland May 2014

DonJulio312

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Searching through the forums I found that I have to downgrade my lumia 920 to the Portico Rom from the black update. Apparently it was at that point is where the camera was alot better in low light condition for video. Now I just have to figure out how to do this lol, Festival season is coming!!!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Set your expectations accordingly. Movie cameras have grain/noise in their night shots. We are talking phones. :p. Technology isn't there to avoid this, especially not on a phone.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
well his expectation is set fairly since he has proof from different times :) The best test though would be exact same conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05