Lock Screen Calendar Notification Not Updating

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So I have the Lumia 925 with the 8.1 dev preview.

Just last week, I noticed that the calendar notification on my lock screen (and on my glance screen) has stopped updating. It shows an old calendar appointment from last week. I have tried turning the notification off and then back on again and have tried a soft reset. Nothing has fixed the issue.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas -- short of a hard reset -- to fix this?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's really odd. I don't get why that would happen. Hopefully, someone has a solution for you because it always sucks to have to do a hard reset. Good luck!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. Try this. Set lock screen notifications to 'None'. After about a week (for me) the issue cleared up. I say "about a week" because I'd forgotten I set my lock screen notifications to 'None' until I saw this thread lol. :). Working good --- so far. Glance is set to show lock screen notifications. Calendar app is set to show detailed status in lock screen settings.
Also, I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I installed Chronos Calendar and now use this instead of the one that comes with the OS.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks @mark233. I set my notification to "none" a few days ago. I'll wait a while and try it again.
I also have Chronos Calendar installed -- Since you also had this issue, I wonder if Chronos could be part of the problem... Either way, I'm not uninstalling Chronos. In my opinion, it is by far the best calendar app I've ever used. I think the built in calendar is pretty bad.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks @mark233. I set my notification to "none" a few days ago. I'll wait a while and try it again.
I also have Chronos Calendar installed -- Since you also had this issue, I wonder if Chronos could be part of the problem... Either way, I'm not uninstalling Chronos. In my opinion, it is by far the best calendar app I've ever used. I think the built in calendar is pretty bad.
I had the problem before I installed Chronos. I agree with you on Chronos being "the best calendar". There are other good ones, true. But in in my opinion Chronos really stands out. My fave for sure.
I'm going to monitor the sticky calendar appointment issue. I have a notification showing for tomorrow and Friday. I'll see if it updates after those appointments are over.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So, after having the notification set to "none" for a few days, I set it back to "Calendar" and it appears that it's working again! I'll have to monitor it for a couple of days to make sure it updates.

Thanks for the support, guys!

eReS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Exactly as jameswwright wrote - seems that issue is caused by Chronos+
I noticed the problem after Chronos+ installation.

I removed calendar notifications on a lock screen, then turned it on again and it helped but for some time only.
So I turned off notifications again, uninstalled Chronos+ completely, turned on calendar notifications and installed Chronos+ again - it has been working for me 5 days already.
But I am not sure if the problem has finally gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett