Tempered glass screen protector

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I have one from Zagg coming in the mail but its not a tempered glass screen protector. After reading these forums I am having second thoughts about the one I ordered from Zagg and I want a tempered glass screen protector now I'm debating between these two...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2616195
(EZguardz Premium Real Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield For Nokia Lumia 925)
or
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2616195
(Spartan Shieldz Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 925)

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
RumoredNow I'm thinking about getting the same screen protector like you by ezguard can u give a review or feedback once u install it..

Right when I see the Chinese writings it was a big NO NO..

Absolutely I'll provide feedback once it is in and installed. I'll post a pic as well. I'm betting that my case will really take up the slack where Cyterio's is showing around the edge.

I didn't like what Cyterio said about shipping time. That slow boat from china takes a long while and you risk customs delays on entry. I got an extended battery from Hong Kong once. Great product. Horrible delivery time.

I have one from Zagg coming in the mail but its not a tempered glass screen protector. After reading these forums I am having second thoughts about the one I ordered from Zagg and I want a tempered glass screen protector now I'm debating between these two...

Amazon.com: EZguardz Premium Real Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield For Nokia Lumia 925: Cell Phones & Accessories
(EZguardz Premium Real Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield For Nokia Lumia 925)
or
Amazon.com: Spartan Shieldz Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 925: Cell Phones & Accessories
(Spartan Shieldz Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 925)

Look at the info cards of each in the photos. They both say virtually the same thing. Both are copyright same date by same company. I would bet they are identical. The Spartan is $1.00 more...

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
@RumoredNow

I just ordered the same one as you on eBay for $5. Since u will likely get yours first that would be nice. Thanks.

Sent from Seattle

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2617459
or
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2617459

Same thing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The link you put up is the same as the OP, Cytorio... Check his comments and pic of install during the course of the thread.

​The two JohnSkrilla posted are both the same product under 2 different names it appears. Mine has not come in yet to say how it is...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My package is still sitting at the vendor. There is a UPS tracking number, but UPS tells me they never scheduled it for pick up.

​I just sent an email...

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine never showed any activity, it took about 17 days. Be patient, it will show.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So the vendor told me in reply that:

Robert,
Tracking for your order, # 8xxxx7
[1] EZguardz Premium Real Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield For Nokia Lumia 925

You can track your order with the following UPS tracking number. Your order has been picked up and shipped. Most likely it wasn't scanned at the first UPS facility and should show tracking in the next few days. We look forward to serving you again soon,
Shipped on 6/30/2014 using UPS Expedited Mail Innovations?(PACKAGE):

CLICK THIS LINK FOR TRACKING 8xxxx7xxxx9xxxx198
If this link does not work copy and paste these numbers at ups.com

UPS tracking still shows:
06/30/20149:31 A.M.Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations
With no further progress past "information received"... No scheduled for pick up, picked up processed at sort facility. Nothing.

Then I look again: UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS. I made it bold in both quotes.

UPS Mail Innovations | Services - Domestic and international high-volume and mail operations

So I guess it goes from UPS into the hands of USPS and maybe they don't care about tracking scans???

IDK honestly.

I ordered two items (the other a tempered glass screen protector for the wife's Note 2 [a different company]) at the same time. The other is shipping USPS and can easily be tracked like normal. If mine doesn't arrive in the mail by Monday I'm thinking about canceling.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
So the vendor told me in reply that:

UPS tracking still shows:

With no further progress past "information received"... No scheduled for pick up, picked up processed at sort facility. Nothing.

Then I look again: UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS. I made it bold in both quotes.

UPS Mail Innovations | Services - Domestic and international high-volume and mail operations

So I guess it goes from UPS into the hands of USPS and maybe they don't care about tracking scans???

IDK honestly.

I ordered two items (the other a tempered glass screen protector for the wife's Note 2 [a different company]) at the same time. The other is shipping USPS and can easily be tracked like normal. If mine doesn't arrive in the mail by Monday I'm thinking about canceling.

I don't blame u if u were to cancel I'm going through the same stuff as you. Mines show in UPS but there is no activity and its been like that for 2-3 days. And to top it off we ordered from the same company. The vendor I ordered from is ezguards and I looked up their profile on eBay and it says Utah. It better not be from China where I have to wait weeks for my item...

schetz

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, I just rcvd my Nacodex order from China , unfortunately it was the wrong one (for another phone). I had to order another one but in the meantime I had to urge to test it.
Safe to say, if phone lands on on screen it WILL protect it. It took 4 hard punches with screwdriver to break it. Only one hammer punch, but it was a strong one and let's not forget, it's integrity was already compromised by screwdriver hole :)

Now waiting for that another one, this time ordered from UK ebay seller so I don't wait so long.

As for Nacodex I got, packaging looks a lot different than the one in OP, and it's really a quality packaging , nicely protected, with clinically clean and neat accessories to put SP on..Wish I had time or nerves to wait for another one as I would surely order again..

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I've always wanted to get one for my Lumia but I was concerned about the curved class and how they tempered glass would adhere properly to the screen since it is curved. Needless to say I got one for my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (to avoid scratching the anti-shatter film protector) and it's great and fits the entire screen.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
RumoredNow I just got mines in the mail today since we ordered the same ones I will give a little feedback. I posted a picture below for you to see and It looks identical to what Cyterio ordered from China in that it leaves a tiny gap on the borders and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same one but I can deal with the tiny separation at the border because if u put a case on your phone people wouldn't even notice it. Quality wise it looks like it can take some hits, I haven't tested it yet but I can just tell. For $5 it is not a bad deal. Oh and don't use the cloth they gave you to wipe the screen I feel like it adds some lent to the screen that is why I had to re-install it 2-3 times..

CyterioI think I messed up installing it as you can see on the right side it looks kind of yellowish like it's not glued in properly. Will this go away or self heal by itself..?

2014-07-05 16-16-49.465.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
johnskrilla, rub the affected area with a soft cloth to get the air out. Start from the inside part of the screen and work towards the edge. You can squeeze pretty hard and it will be OK. Hopefully there is no oil from a fingerprint or any grit under there.

I was away for the holiday, but came back to see my Spartan brand tempered glass screen protector had come in. YAY!!!!!

Amazon.com: Spartan Shieldz Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 925: Cell Phones & Accessories

20140706_170753.jpg

Went on easy the first time and smoothed out clean. I may have placed it a bit high, but I'm not quibbling over a mm or two. The wife's went on her Note 2 just as easy (different brand).

It feels FANTASTIC. Not a fingerprint in sight as I use the phone. I think it looks great and gives a premium handling feel to the screen. Better than naked, if I remember correctly from first getting the phone... No idea why I waited so long to try one of these.

I'll post more impressions as I use the product.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
johnskrilla, rub the affected area with a soft cloth to get the air out. Start from the inside part of the screen and work towards the edge. You can squeeze pretty hard and it will be OK. Hopefully there is no oil from a fingerprint or any grit under there.

I was away for the holiday, but came back to see my Spartan brand tempered glass screen protector had come in. YAY!!!!!

View attachment 71151

Went on easy the first time and smoothed out clean. I may have placed it a bit high, but I'm not quibbling over a mm or two. The wife's went on her Note 2 just as easy (different brand).

It feels FANTASTIC. Not a fingerprint in sight as I use the phone. I think it looks great and gives a premium handling feel to the screen. Better than naked, if I remember correctly from first getting the phone... No idea why I waited so long to try one of these.

I'll post more impressions as I use the product.

I ordered another one. Any tips on how u placed it? I looked closely on mines and those things on the side are fingerprints. I figured it came from me doing re-applying it a few times. Smh. Did u start from the bottom of the L925 or the top..?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, touching the adhesive side of the glass would leave some issues.

I started at the top. I lined up the cutout with the earpiece/speaker and made sure it was even on the sides... I could have come down just a small bit. Notice the top and side edges in the pic I took? There is a bit of knurling on the edges from where they cut the sheet. I wanted to make sure that didn't impinge on the front facing camera.

I have gotten in the habit of applying screen protectors on the bathroom counter. Generally, there is very good light in there. After a shower is a good time as well. All the moisture in the air helps precipitate out dust. Not necessary to steam the place up just before if you don't want to. It most often is one of the least dusty areas of the house though. Just clean the screen off really well. I had just peeled off a plastic, anti-glare screen protector sheet from my 925 and taken it out of the case so a quick wipe down was all I needed. You could use an alcohol prep pad before hand as well...

That dag blamed anti-glare sheet I had on there. Wow. What a difference with the tempered glass. The screen is so much more vivid, bright and crisp. I love this thing already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon