Phone is not supported - Nokia Software Recovery Tool 1.4.1 (WP8.1)

jwillis1

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

My UK 1020 (8.1) will not turn on. Has not been dropped or anything, just the next time I came to use it the screen was off.
I thought that maybe the battery was dead, as the battery life is shocking since 8.1, however it had not long been charged.

Have tried soft reset, hard reset and even disconnect/reconnected the battery (replaced the screen a while back so have done it before).

I have just attempted using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, however I get the error 'Phone is not supported' 'The selected phone is not supported by Nokia Software Recovery Tool'.

Not sure if this is because of the dev 8.1 version?
I even tried both the UK and US version of the Recovery Tool as the phone is of course set to US currently.

Any help or advise would be appreciated
Thanks

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

My UK 1020 (8.1) will not turn on. Has not been dropped or anything, just the next time I came to use it the screen was off.
I thought that maybe the battery was dead, as the battery life is shocking since 8.1, however it had not long been charged.

Have tried soft reset, hard reset and even disconnect/reconnected the battery (replaced the screen a while back so have done it before).

I have just attempted using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, however I get the error 'Phone is not supported' 'The selected phone is not supported by Nokia Software Recovery Tool'.

Not sure if this is because of the dev 8.1 version?
I even tried both the UK and US version of the Recovery Tool as the phone is of course set to US currently.

Any help or advise would be appreciated
Thanks

Try the Software Updater for Retail. It'll revert you to 8, if it works, but it's worth a shot.

jwillis1

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try the Software Updater for Retail. It'll revert you to 8, if it works, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion...
I thought it was working at first but it effectively times out and requests that you hold down power & vol down until the phone vibrates/reboots. Unfortunately that never happens.

I did notice however that whilst holding down the soft reset buttons when requested, windows acknowledges the phone connecting/disconnecting by the usual noises it makes. Makes me think the phone isn't completely ruined.
I did think it may just be the screen that's gone, but as there is no vibrate I would have thought it rules that out...

Victor Hugo Lazari

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey mate,

Have you been successful restoring your Lumia 1020? I'm with the same problem as you and honestly, I'm almost giving up on trying to fix it.

I was either running 8.1 and once I've tried to reset the phone and install the 8.0, it's bricked.

I'm really thinking about taking it to the warranty centre.

Cheers! :crying::crying::crying:

Bruno Lemos

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Guys, same problem with my 1020.
It started recovering, the usb driver showed it as "NOKIA FLASH" or something. Now the usb driver shows "QHSUSB_DLOAD" and the Nokia tool say "Phone is not supported" :grincry:

Anybody, please?

EDIT: Sent it to Nokia Care and they just fixed my phone! It's working! (They changed the chipset...)

Last edited:

Exstazy01

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
install the Nokia Software Recovery Tool 1.4.3 this will solve the QHSUSB_DLOAD problem...but will not recognize the phone because is in the flash mode and the Recovery tool will say Phone is not supported...i have the same problem...i wanted to downgrade my Lumia 820 to WP 8 and the flashing is corrupted on 1%....and my phone is dead...no vibrating..nothing...:( (sry for my english i'm from romania)

Masaaki-MtOlympus

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I was trying to roll back my L1020 from DP8.1 to 8.0 by Nokia Software Recovery Tool 1.4.3, and I got this message "Yo can install software version 3051.40000.1346.0001 to your phone". But the phone displayed is Nokia Lumia 909, Type RM0877.
Since my 1020 was not correctly recognized, I did not proceed.

If cyan doesn't bring anything new to DP8.1, I just stay with DP8.1, but nevertheless Software Recovery Tool should work and recognize the phone correctly for other events like bricked. This isn't good.

EDIT: Okay, so I searched this forum, and found that L1020 is actually Lumia 909.
I wonder if I can proceed with the Recovery Tool or not.

EDIT2: The recovery tool 1.4.3 actually worked fine. Showing my model as "Lumia 909" was just confusing. The software should have some ability to display common name, instead of inherited code name or something.

Last edited:

AndMadsen

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
EDIT2: The recovery tool 1.4.3 actually worked fine. Showing my model as "Lumia 909" was just confusing. The software should have some ability to display common name, instead of inherited code name or something.
The model name has always been "Nokia 909" as showed in Settings -> About
Lumia 1020 is the successor of the 41mpx Nokia 808 PureView (with Symbian OS)
But I understand your confusing :)

aivanm

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I seem to be going through the same thing with my 925. Seeing as the program registers it well enough to say it's not supported, I'm holding out for an update that (hopefully) should restore 8.1 devices with the Cyan update. (assuming that's where the problem is)

aivanm

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I reached out to Nokia and while they tried to help out, ultimately the problem lies in the fact that my phone is dev-unlocked and as such lacks support from them. While I understand that going in, I knew I'd be voiding my warranty, I think it's bit ironic that they wouldn't support the efforts of their (new) parent company. So, until such a time that Microsoft intervenes, we have some pretty paperweights. I'll try my local Nokia store and get back to you though.

aivanm

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
No luck yet. I hope to take it to the Nokia store here. Though I'm not sure what they will be able to do that I haven't been able to with the software recovery tool

Arya Satya

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
hello guys...

my friend's lumia 520 recently dead and seemed to be bricked because it wont launch the WP, instead showed "Error: unable to find a bootable option. press any key to shut down" for no reason.

ive tried to use the Nokia Recovery Tools but after finished downloading it said it didnt support the phone. i haven't tried to use the NSU but i'm not betting much on it :(

and if i bring it to Nokia Care, will it charge me for a fee? because my friend got her phone from Microsoft Student Ambassador Program for free and didn't get a receipt for warranty claim.

UPDATE: i've tried using Nokia Software Updater for Retail but it still failed updating. i've tried using different USB ports, different USB cable. turning off firewall and anti-virus, none of them works. :(

Last edited:

Baiar Ali

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
u can try nokia software recovery for retail too!
my phone cant be detected on windows 7..unrecognized...lumia 520..on windows 8.1 everything works fine!i think its some driver issues

Arya Satya

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Guys, same problem with my 1020.
It started recovering, the usb driver showed it as "NOKIA FLASH" or something. Now the usb driver shows "QHSUSB_DLOAD" and the Nokia tool say "Phone is not supported" :grincry:

Anybody, please?

EDIT: Sent it to Nokia Care and they just fixed my phone! It's working! (They changed the chipset...)
how long did it take to fix your phone?

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody managed to get their phone back to life. My 720 is dead too because the downgrade failed.Now only the screen light stays on and nothing else works :\

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss