suggest memory card for Lumia 1320 and a battery query

sherdil

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I guess smartphones don't support Ultra High Speed cards. So no point in getting a class 10 UHS card as it will only work as class 10, right??
And what data transfer speed Lumia 1320 support?
If it supports speed of class 6 card, then again no point in getting a class 10.
So please help me decide.
And I'm going to buy 16GB or 32 GB.

Before hard reset my phone showed around 80% battery with 21 days remaining, but after hard reset when I checked it had 76% battery with 8 hours remaining. What happened here?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not used to microSD cards, but the faster, the better I say. Take note that if your microSD card is too slow, you can't put apps on it.

As for that battery query, a hard reset takes a lot of power.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess smartphones don't support Ultra High Speed cards.

Pretty sure they do. Faster the better, especially for videos and photos.
At bare minimum get a class 10 (i've got a 64gb sandisk ultra, which isnt exactly a fast card tbh). I'd get one of the faster specced samsung cards or whatever is available in your market.

Before hard reset my phone showed around 80% battery with 21 days remaining, but after hard reset when I checked it had 76% battery with 8 hours remaining. What happened here?

Hard resets use a fair bit of power, plus the time remaining hasnt had time to calibrate yet. I wouldn't bother trusting it.

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
i have a SanDisk 32 GB, Class 10 Ultra. every 2 or 3 weeks, the mobile reports that the SD is corrupted and need to be formatted, even if i format it using the format option inside storage sense, it happens again.

i could be because of DP but not sure whether WP fully supports Ultra

sherdil

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1320 - Save your photos and videos to a memory card - User Guide - Nokia - India

Nokia says get a class 4 or higher.
On some blog I read we need class 6 or higher to be able to transfer apps on sd card.
So I can get a class 10 and have peace of mind.

Class 10 is supposed to provide write speed of 10mb/s atleast, but Sandisk has a Sandisk Ultra class 6 card with 30mb/s speed and there is another Sandisk Ultra class 10 UHS card with 30mb/s speed. This makes me confused.

The Strontium class 10 Nitro card claims to provide 70mb/s speed and has "windows phone" written on packaging, so I like this one, but I don't know in real world what would be best for Lumia 1320 WP8.1

Please suggest me something.... "the faster the better" doesn't help much because there is a Sandisk Extreme class 10 card also which is 4 times the cost of Sandisk Ultra class 10.

daemron

Banned
Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I were confused too, about the promised READ speeds (30mb/s) on sandisk ultra class 10 uhs cards, it never goes over 10mbit write rate. Ordered a sandisk mobile ultra 32gb, and have been using it for few weeks now, no problems at all. Hope this helps. Sorry for my awful english.

sherdil

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
So what is the point of getting a Sandisk ULTRA class 10 UHS card when it work just as Sandisk class 10 card?
I can then buy normal class 10 card.

What about Strontium Nitro class 10 UHS they claims speed of 70mb/s? It would definitely be better than 10mb/s.

daemron

Banned
Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Class 10 and UHS-1 have the same WRITE rate 10mb/s. Read speeds are much higher on these UHS-classed cards. Strontium nitro UHS-3 have the 80/60mb/s read/write, which is a bit overkill for L1320. I have benched only 6,38mb/s on sd card speed app, with my current SanDisk Mobile Ultra 32gb card.

sherdil

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what is UHS-1 or UHS-3, the Strontium Nitro card I'm talking about is just class 10 UHS and advertised speed is 70mb/s 466X.
Class 10 card is supposed to give atleast 10mb/s write speed, that is by definition, then why only 6.38mb/s??
I have a Kingston 2GB 4 year old card with class not mentioned and that gives 4.59mb/s :p

daemron

Banned
Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I really don't know why my device can't clock the promised 10mb/s, maybe it's a faulty one. My sdcard slot on my computer bursts out 12,5mb/s with this same card. Back to topic, I would suggest you get a reasonable priced UHS Class 10 card, or if you want the best and fastest then go for it. Compare prices, write speeds, different brands and ditch those 466x ratings as they go for only read speeds (as far as i know).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99